A Back of House Supervisor is ultimately responsible for Back of House operations to deliver an excellent Guest and Member experience while supporting staff, overseeing budgets, and ensuring compliance with health and safety requirements.
What will I be doing?
As a Back of House Supervisor, you are ultimately responsible for training, supporting and motivating the Back of House Team to deliver an excellent Guest and Member experience. A Back of House Supervisor will also be required to oversee stock levels, manage budgets, and ensure that health and safety are top priorities. Specifically, you will be responsible for performing the following tasks to the highest standards:
· Supervise the Back of House Department efficiently and to consistent high standards
· Manage, train and develop the Back of House team
· Ensure crockery, cutlery and glassware are ordered and controlled in line with business levels for both conferences/events and transient customers
· Control stock levels and complete stock takes to ensure minimum stock losses
· Manage stock ordering to ensure par levels are maintained
· Understand stock loss occurrences and implement measures to prevent losses
· Ensure back of house areas are maintained to the highest cleanliness standards
· Raise all purchase orders in line with business forecasts and reconcile invoices regularly
· Work within forecasts, budgets and capital equipment requests
· Ensure team members adhere to all Health and Safety and Hygiene Regulations
· Work with all departments, including finance, to ensure good working relationships
· Carry out any other reasonable task set by the Hotel's Management