This position reports to the Mgr. of Corp. System Support operating out of EMEA. To serve as the onsite technician in support of Hilton deployed technologies.
What will it be like to work for Hilton?
Hilton is one of the largest and fastest growing hospitality companies in the world, with more than 5,100 properties with more than 838,000 rooms in 103 countries and territories. In the nearly 100 years since our founding, we have defined the hospitality industry and established a portfolio of 14 world-class brands, including our flagship Hilton Hotels & Resorts brand, which is the most recognized hotel brand in the world. We have more than 69 million members in our award–winning customer loyalty program, Hilton Honors.
What will I be doing?
• Manages the performance of services to customers, ensures that service levels are achieved in line with the department goals.
• Build services relationship with customers and conduct service performance review, and reviews service quality and processes.
• Provide management and performance reports.
• Effectively, professionally, and respectfully represents other Information Technology staff members, teams, and their services to the client community.
• Provides support for all Information Technology products and services. Support which may include answering questions, troubleshooting problems, teaching or instructing customers regarding software or hardware functionality, and communicating policy.
• Determines the most effective manner to resolve customer's technical issue while adhere to the predefined solutions set by the Standard Systems Engineering team. Engages in research and in-depth troubleshooting to resolve technical issues.
• Records required customer and problem information in the Hilton ticketing system. Updates tickets with appropriate journal entries of activities, and closes tickets with resolution entered upon completion of the job.
• Resolves Level 1 & 2 work orders. Elevates complex and/or high priority problems to the appropriate support groups for resolution.
• Verifies that suggested solutions effectively resolve the users' problems through verbal or email follow up.
• Works on support desk related projects as assigned by supervisor.
• Assist in developing long-term strategies and capacity planning for improving the Corporate Systems Support operations.
• Support and manage LAN room equipment and all apparatus including the cable patching.
• Ability to perform overtime works that are outside of the normal business hours.
What are we looking for?
• Solid previous experience in desktop troubleshooting and repair. CompTia A+ certified is a plus.
• Working knowledge of current market technology, protocol, operating systems and standards.
• Ability to operate tools, components and peripheral accessories.
• Ability to read and understand technical manuals, procedural documentation, OEM guides.
• Ability to conduct research into computer related issues.
• Ability to present ideas in user-friendly language.
• Ability to work in a team-oriented environment.
• Ability to work out side of normal business hours and perform on-call duty during holidays and weekends on rotating basis.
• Ability to work in the LAN Room settings and able to identify the variety of LAN equipment and apparatus.
• Ability to support conference room technology including but not limited to Cisco Telepresence System.
• Ability to support and operate BackupExec software and fluent with the tape backup system
• Ability to work with HP Proliant and the likes servers, setting up Disk Array
What benefits will I receive?
Your benefits will include a competitive starting salary and holiday entitlement. As an employee you will become a member of the Go Hilton Team Member Travel Program, which provides reduced hotel room rates for you, your family & friends! We look forward to explaining in detail the range of excellent benefits that you would expect from a global hotel organization like Hilton.
• Previous relevant work experience
• Proven related experience in a relevant field
• Comptia Net+ or better
• Possible After Business Hours On Call
• To hold a college education or Bachelor's equivalent degree
• Significant relevant experience in a related field