An Assistant Reception Manager supports the Reception Manager to ensure that Team Members are prepared and well-informed to deliver our Guests an exceptional experience from check-in through check-out.
What will I be doing?
An Assistant Reception Manager, you will support the Reception Manager to ensure that Team Members are prepared and well-informed to deliver our Guests an exceptional experience from check-in through check-out. An Assistant Reception Manager contributes to the first impressions of our Guests and, therefore, must perform the following tasks to the highest standards:
· Assist with the overseeing of the entire Front Office operation to maintain high standards
· Seek Guest feedback and make operational improvements
· Ensure regular and important Guests are recognised and that the Reception department operates with a sales attitude and promotes the hotel brand's loyalty scheme
· Maximise room occupancy at best rates and use up-selling techniques to promote hotel services and facilities
· Set Reception departmental targets and objectives, work schedules, budgets, policies, and procedures
· Monitor the appearance, standards, and performance of the Front Office Team Members with an emphasis on training and teamwork
· Ensure Team Members have current knowledge of hotel products, services, pricing and policies, as well as knowledge of the local area, and are continuously trained to learn and understand policies and practices
· Maintain good communication and working relationships with all hotel departments
· Monitor staffing levels to meet cover business demands
· Manage staff performance issues in compliance with company policies and procedures
· Assist in the recruiting, managing, training and developing the Reception Team
· Act in accordance with policies and procedures when working with front of house equipment and property management systems
· Assist with other departments, as necessary