An Assistant Purchasing Manager will ensure the accuracy of stocks, accounts payable, prepayments, and creditor/accruals accounting records and provide periodic reports to the Finance department.
What will I be doing?
As Assistant Purchasing Manager, you will ensure the accuracy of stocks, accounts payable, prepayments, and creditor/accruals accounting records and provide periodic reports to the Finance department. Specifically, you will be responsible for performing the following tasks to the highest standards:
· Assist the Purchasing Manager with the purchasing of all goods and equipment required by the hotel
· Purchase the correct goods and materials at a competitive price and proper quantities/volumes
· Assist the Purchasing Manager with regular reports on goods purchased and inventory levels so to allow for more effective future purchasing
· Report all monthly savings to the hotel Team
· Work with hotel management to improve the purchasing process as a way to reduce waste and improve profitability
· Maintain good communication and working relationships with all hotel areas
· Attend finance meetings, as required
· Act in accordance with fire, health and safety regulations and follow the correct procedures when required
· Serve your role and Team in an environmentally-conscience manner