An Assistant Head Sommelier s is responsible for recommending wines and having a thorough and current knowledge of wines to deliver an excellent Guest and Member experience while assisting with achieving departmental targets.
What will I be doing?
As an Assistant Head Sommelier, you are responsible for recommending wines and having a thorough and current knowledge of wines to deliver an excellent Guest and Member experience. An Assistant Head Sommelier will also be required to assist in achieving department targets. Specifically, you will be responsible for performing the following tasks to the highest standards:
· Provide professional and current knowledge of wines to guests
· Recommend wines to accompany relevant dishes to patrons
· Describe and up-sell wines to provide excellent customer experience
· Suggest wines to accompany new menus in line with financial budget
· Project a professional manner with an emphasis on hospitality and guest service
· Ensure accurate billing
· Strive to achieve departmental targets
· Serve Alcoholic/non-Alcoholic beverages in conjunction with licensing/liquor regulations for residents and non-residents
· Comply with hotel security, fire regulations and all health and safety legislation
· Attend training provided by the hotel