Galvin at Windows fine dining restaurant, located at the top of London Hilton on Park Lane is looking for
an Assistant Head Sommelier you will be responsible for recommending wines and having a thorough and current knowledge of wines to deliver an excellent Guest and Member experience while assisting with achieving departmental targets.
What will I be doing?
As an Assistant Head Sommelier, you are responsible for recommending wines and having a thorough and current knowledge of wines to deliver an excellent Guest and Member experience. An Assistant Head Sommelier will also be required to assist in achieving department targets. Specifically, you will be responsible for performing the following tasks to the highest standards:
· Provide professional and current knowledge of wines to guests
· Recommend wines to accompany relevant dishes to patrons
· Describe and up-sell wines to provide excellent customer experience
· Suggest wines to accompany new menus in line with financial budget
· Project a professional manner with an emphasis on hospitality and guest service
· Ensure accurate billing
· Strive to achieve departmental targets
· Conduct training sessions for the team to increase TMs wine knowledge
· Serve Alcoholic/non-Alcoholic beverages in conjunction with licensing/liquor regulations for residents and non-residents
· Comply with hotel security, fire regulations and all health and safety legislation
· Attend training provided by the hotel
What are we looking for?
An Assistant Head Sommelier serving Hilton brands are always working on behalf of our Guests and working with other Team Members. To successfully fill this role, you should maintain the attitude, behaviours, skills, and values that follow:
· Previous experience in a Assistant Head Sommelier role
· Previous experience in a customer service role in the hotel/leisure/retail sector
· Good grooming standards
· Excellent communication skills
· Passion and commitment to delivering exceptional levels of guest service
· Ability to work on your own or in teams
It would be advantageous in this position for you to demonstrate the following capabilities and distinctions:
· Experience of working with suppliers
· Understanding of costs and GP
What will it be like to work for Hilton?
Hilton is the leading global hospitality company, spanning the lodging sector from luxurious full-service hotels and resorts to extended-stay suites and mid-priced hotels. For nearly a century, Hilton has offered business and leisure travelers the finest in accommodations, service, amenities and value. Hilton is dedicated to continuing its tradition of providing exceptional guest experiences across its global brands . Our vision “to fill the earth with the light and warmth of hospitality” unites us as a team to create remarkable hospitality experiences around the world every day. And, our amazing Team Members are at the heart of it all!