An Assistant Front Office Manager assists in supervising the Front Office Team to ensure that Team Members are prepared and well-informed to deliver Guests an exceptional experience from check-in through check-out.
What will I be doing?
As Assistant Front Office Manager, you will assist in supervising the Front Office Team to ensure that Team Members are prepared and well-informed to deliver Guests an exceptional experience from check-in through check-out. An Assistant Front Office Manager is responsible for managing the first impressions of our Guests and, therefore, must perform the following tasks to the highest standards:
· Assist the Front Office Manager to oversee the entire Front Office operation to maintain high standards
· Assist the Front Office Manager to evaluate levels of Guest satisfaction and monitor trends, with a focus on continuous improvement
· Ensure regular and VIP Guests are recognised and that the Front Office department operates with a sales attitude and promotes the hotel brand's loyalty scheme
· Maximise room occupancy at best rates and use up-selling techniques to promote hotel services and facilities
· Assist the Front Office Manager with setting departmental objectives, work schedules, budgets, policies, and procedures
· Monitor the appearance, standards, and performance of the Front Office Team Members with an emphasis on training and teamwork
· Ensure Team Members have current knowledge of hotel products, services, pricing and policies, as well as knowledge of the local area, and are continuously trained to learn and understand policies and practices
· Maintain good communication and working relationships with all hotel departments
· Monitor staffing levels to meet cover business demands
· Conduct monthly communication meetings, in the absence of the Front Office Manager, and produce minutes
· Assist the Front Office Manager with staff performance issues in compliance with company policies and procedures
· Assist the Front Office Manager with recruiting, managing, training and developing the Front Office team
· Act in accordance with policies and procedures when working with front of house equipment and property management systems