Hilton Cardiff is located in the heart of the city, directly opposite Cardiff Castle. We're minutes from St David's shopping centre, a 10 minute walk from the Millennium Stadium and a short drive away from Cardiff Bay. Our hotel boasts beautifully styled guest rooms, fantastic dining options in our Gray's Restaurant , Metropole Lounge & Coffee Bar, and a host of amenities for work, rest and recreation — everything our Guests need for a fantastic stay in the Welsh capital.
What will I be doing?
As an Assistant Food and Beverage Manager, you will be responsible for assisting with managing operations of all Food and Beverage outlets to deliver an excellent Guest and Member experience. An Assistant Food and Beverage Manager will also be required to manage, train, and develop team members and work within all budgeted guidelines. Specifically, you will be responsible for performing the following tasks to the highest standards:
· Oversee operations of Food and Beverage outlets
· Maintain exceptional levels of customer service
· Recruit, manage, train, and develop the team
· Assist with annual and mid-year appraisals with team members under your responsibility
· Manage guest queries in a timely and efficient manner
· Work within budgeted guidelines
· Assist in setting departmental targets and objectives, work schedules, budgets, and policies and procedures
· Develop menus with other members of Food and Beverage team
· Accountable for monthly stock takes
· Incentivise team members to maximize sales and revenue
· Deputise for the Food and Beverage manager in their absence
· Comply with hotel security, fire regulations and all health and safety legislation
· Assist other departments wherever necessary and maintain good working relationships
Ideal candidate profile
What are we looking for?
An Assistant Food and Beverage Manager working with Hilton Cardiff is always working on behalf of our Guests and working with other Team Members. To successfully fill this role, we're looking for someone who maintains the attitude, skills, and values that follow...
· Previous Food and Beverage Management experience
· Knowledge of Financial Systems
· Flexibility to respond to a range of work situations
· Committed to delivering high levels of customer service
· Positive attitude
· Good communication skills
· Flexibility to respond to a range of different work situations
· Excellent grooming standards What will it be like to work for Hilton?
Our teams deliver exceptional hospitality experiences to our Guests every day & their contributions are at the core of our success. We're committed to helping our teams 'Thrive@Hilton', to ensure we're our best self, every day.
Our benefit programmes help to build a strong foundation to achieve this...
BODY - We build a strong foundation for health & wellbeing…
Retirement plan, life assurance, healthcare cash plan, dental insurance & eye care
MIND - We seek lifelong learning & meaningful leadership…
Childcare vouchers, CMP & CAP, AXA employee assistance programme
SPIRIT - We dare to dream & connect with purpose…
Team member room rates globally, perks at work package
We are Hilton, We are Hospitality!
Contract - Permanent (39hrs per week)
Salary - circa £25k per annum + Management incentive bonus scheme and our Hilton perks & benefits programme
In line with the Asylum and Immigration Act 1996, we require all applicants to have the eligibility to live and work in the United Kingdom. Documentation will be required at interview stage