An Assistant Finance Manager will ensure the accuracy of stocks, accounts payable, prepayments, and creditor/accruals accounting records and provide periodic reports to the Finance department.
What will I be doing?
As Assistant Finance Manager, you will ensure the accuracy of stocks, accounts payable, prepayments, and creditor/accruals accounting records and provide periodic reports to the Finance department. Specifically, you will be responsible for performing the following tasks to the highest standards:
· Assist the Finance Manager by providing full and accurate forecasting and budgeting proposals within the hotel and in other areas where required
· Provide timely and accurate financial statements
· Ensure all financial regulations are met, through the maintenance of adequate systems of internal control
· Assist the Finance Manager in preparing capital reviews as required by the General/Hotel Manager and/or accountancy and Finance department
· Train and develop the local Finance Team Members and ensure succession plans are in place
· Develop financial awareness of local management teams
· Act in accordance with fire, health and safety regulations and follow the correct procedures when required
What are we looking for?
An Assistant Finance Manager serving Hilton brands is always working on behalf of our Guests and working with other Team Members. To successfully fill this role, you should maintain the attitude, behaviours, skills, and values that follow:
· Experience in the hotel, leisure or retail sector
· Excellent supervisory experience
· Relevant degree, in Finance, Accounting or related business discipline, from an academic institution
· Full understanding of financial operating systems and procedures
· Strong influencing, leadership skills, inter-personal and communication skills
· Excellent analytical skills
It would be advantageous in this position for you to demonstrate the following capabilities and distinctions:
· Previous experience with the PeopleSoft system
· Previous experience in the Account/Finance Management
What will it be like to work for Hilton?
Hilton is the leading global hospitality company, spanning the lodging sector from luxurious full-service hotels and resorts to extended-stay suites and mid-priced hotels. For nearly a century, Hilton has offered business and leisure travelers the finest in accommodations, service, amenities and value. Hilton is dedicated to continuing its tradition of providing exceptional guest experiences across its global brands . Our vision “to fill the earth with the light and warmth of hospitality” unites us as a team to create remarkable hospitality experiences around the world every day. And, our amazing Team Members are at the heart of it all!