With thousands of hotels in over 100 countries and territories, Hilton offers countless opportunities to delight. From an open door to a welcoming smile and an exceptional experience, we offer the millions of travellers who stay with us every year a welcome they will never forget. In addition to our flagship brand, Hilton Hotels & Resorts, the family of brands includes Waldorf Astoria, LXR, Conrad, Canopy, Curio Collection, DoubleTree, Hilton Garden Inn, Hampton and many others.
If you appreciate the impact global travel can have on the world, you may be just the person we are looking for to work as a Hilton Team Member. Because it’s with Hilton where we never forget the reason we're here: to delight our guests, Team Members, and owners alike.
The Assistant Executive Lounge Manager greets and registers guests, providing prompt and courteous service. He/ she checks guests out of the hotel and resolves guests’ challenges throughout their stay in our hotel. This role upgrades and promotes hotel services and amenities and upsells products to the guests.
What will I be doing?
As the Assistant Executive Lounge Manager, you will be responsible for performing the following tasks to the highest standards:
· Check-in guests in accordance with their reservation details, ensuring that the registration card is completed, reservation information confirmed, Hilton Honors and Frequent Flyer numbers enquired about, and method of payment secured including number of guests
· Understand departmental objectives for self and team, drive and work together to achieve the goal accordingly.
· Make appropriate selection of rooms based on guest needs, code electronic keys and non–verbally confirm room numbers and rates.
· Promote and administer Hilton programs such as Hilton Honors for arriving guests, ensuring that guests know location of rooms containing room keys, tokens of our appreciation and gifts to guests, etc.
· Ensure rooms and services provided by the hotel are correctly accounted for within guests’ statements, assist guests with check out payments or charges, accepting and recording vouchers, credit card transactions, traveller’s checks and other forms of payment, converting foreign currency at current posted rates.
· Greet guests with a friendly and sincere welcome tone using positive and clear speaking voice, listen to understand requests, respond with appropriate action and provide accurate information on restaurants operating hours, special VIP programs, events, etc.
· Receive special requests from guests, respond appropriately or forward requests to appropriate team members for decision and action.
· Promptly answer the telephone and email inquiries, input messages into the computer system and advise other team members of special guests’ needs.
· Take messages and communicate the content to guests, retrieve mail, packages, facsimiles or other special items for guests as requested.
· Listen and extend assistance in order to resolve problems raised by guests and follow-up to ensure guests satisfaction.
· Remain calm and alert especially during emergency situations and heavy hotel activity, planning and implementing detailed steps by using experienced judgment and discretion.
· Take an active role in the team by being kind, cooperative and helpful, never forgetting the person behind the guest.
· Actively take part in training where and when required, attend formal training sessions and on the job training to maintain standards and develop skills and abilities.
· Contribute to the hotel and team by sharing new ideas and suggestions for improvements, being innovative and creative to provide quality service and guest care to team members and guests.
· Take an active role in the Executive Lounge team, ensuring effective communication and work as a team in order to reach goals and targets.
· Create a warm and welcoming arrival for guests, ensuring that they feel welcome and “at-home” upon arrival.
· Ensure that guests informed on hotel facilities and room features and luggage is delivered in a prompt manner.
· Handle complaints promptly and efficiently, taking the necessary action, and informing the Duty Manager / Executive Lounge Manager to follow-up, where appropriate.
· Maintain awareness of guests’ profiles and specific preferences, ensuring that they are acted upon for each reservation.
· Ensure that VIP guests are treated personally and recognized as an individual.
· Assist the Executive Lounge Manager by blocking rooms according to guests’ preferences.
· Arrange welcome cards and ensure that they are placed in guests’ rooms or presented at the time of arrival.
· Coordinate with relevant departments to arrange in-room amenity set-ups according to VIP level and for special occasions – i.e. Birthdays and Honeymoon and etc.
· Facilitate the operation of the VIP gift amenity menu by offering it to guests, ensuring that VIPs receive their chosen amenity items.
· Liaise with Sales, Reservations and the Business Development team to handle corporate guests.
· Ensures that existing Hilton Honors members receive personal and professional service that recognizes them as important guests and that their benefits are received.
· Carry out ticket reconfirmation, any other bookings and make guest reservations when required.
· Ensure a prompt and efficient departure by settling guests’ accounts as per billing and reservation instructions, ensuring that all guests’ folios are correct.
· Input information into hotel operating system regarding guests, ensuring accuracy and that all details are completed, and the information can be clearly understood by other team members.
· Apply Hilton brand standards in each and every action, acting as a role model and example of how the standards should be carried out in a practical setting.
· Up to date with information on facilities, attractions, places of interest, sightseeing and activities in and around the hotel.
· Ensure that the overall appearance of the Executive Lounge is neat and tidy at all times.
· Effectively communicate, coordinate and cooperate with Housekeeping, F&B, Engineering and other relevant departments.
· Report problems with hotel systems, hardware or facilities to the appropriate parties and follow-up to ensure that corrective action is taken.
· Prepare the Executive Lounge for F&B service, monitoring service and preparation areas to ensure cleanliness and presentation standards.
· Ensure that the Executive Lounge Manager is kept aware and up to date with operational issues.
· Pass on information effectively, ensuring that all necessary details are communicated to the intended person, pending action is completed and guest satisfaction confirmed.
· Attend daily briefings, shift handovers, meetings and read the logbook on a daily basis.
· Ensure the day-to-day functions of the Executive Lounge are completed
· Check registration cards, meeting and function information, billing instructions, and reservation backup to ensure that all information received is actioned accordingly.
· Ensure that the Executive Lounge’s inventory and stock are managed and not wasted, maintaining costs where possible.
· Keep up to date and aware of competitors’ activities in order to be informed.
· Comply with Health & Safety, Emergency Management, Disaster manual, and Fire procedures and regulations, being a part of the Fire team when and where directed.
· Adhere strictly to standard cash handling procedures, be sure to balance float and drop the required amount.
· Adhere to the company’s credit policy at all times when managing cash, credit card transactions, city ledgers, vouchers, and third party payments for rooms, meetings, F&B and any other charges that may be incurred by guests.
· Provide safety deposit boxes to guests, ensuring that guests’ valuables are safe and secure at all times.
· Follow-up on outstanding accounts to ensure no loss of revenue and secure method of payment for upcoming reservations.
· Maintain the efficiency of departure by checking all guests’ folios to ensure accuracy of charges.
· Upsell rooms to higher room and rate categories, ensuring maximum revenue generation from each guest.
· Maintain awareness of sales opportunities within the hotel, maximizing revenue in an ethical and responsible manner, adhering to Hilton brand standards and ensuring that guests receive value for money.
· Attempt to communicate with guests in guests’ native language, if applicable.
· Ensure that all team members have a complete understanding of and adhere to the hotel’s team member rules and regulations.
· Carry out any other reasonable duties and responsibilities as assigned.
· The Management reserves the right to make changes to this job description at its sole discretion and without advance notice.
What are we looking for?
An Assistant Executive Lounge Manager serving Hilton Brands is always working on behalf of our Guests and working with other Team Members. To successfully fill this role, you should maintain the attitude, behaviours, skills, and values that follow:
· 3 or 5 years of related work experience preferred.
· Able to perform moderately complex mathematical calculations without error.
· Able to access and accurately input information using a moderately complex computer system.
· Strong leadership and communication skills.
· Able to effectively deal with internal and external guests, who will require high levels of patience, tact and diplomacy to resolve any issue, collect accurate information and resolve conflicts.
· Strong interpersonal skills to provide overall guest satisfaction.
· Previous experience in front desk or food and beverages will be an advantage.
· Able to work under pressure and deal with stressful situations during busy periods.
What will it be like to work for Hilton?
Hilton is the leading global hospitality company, spanning the lodging sector from luxurious full-service hotels and resorts to extended-stay suites and mid-priced hotels. For nearly a century, Hilton has offered business and leisure travelers the finest in accommodations, service, amenities and value. Hilton is dedicated to continuing its tradition of providing exceptional guest experiences across its global brands . Our vision “to fill the earth with the light and warmth of hospitality” unites us as a team to create remarkable hospitality experiences around the world every day. And, our amazing Team Members are at the heart of it all!