The amazing Hilton Los Angles Airport is seeking a new Assistant Director of Engineering! Hilton LAX is our 1,234 room airport property servicing Los Angeles International Airport. LAX is the 3 rd busiest airport in the US. Our hotel is truly a 24/7 operation due to the proximity to LAX and the number of passengers arriving all hours of the day and night. There is not a “slow time” at our hotel.
What will I be doing?
The Assistant Director of Engineering/Property Operations will report to the Director of Engineering & Property Operations and oversee a team of Engineers. Specifically, you would be responsible for performing the following tasks to the highest standards:
· Assist in directing and overseeing the functionality and safety of the facility, including, but not limited to, physical buildings, mechanical equipment, electrical systems, heating and cooling systems, life safety systems and grounds according to federal, state and local regulations
· Conduct facility inspections and direct general construction and the installation, maintenance and repair of all electrical, mechanical and architectural systems throughout the facility to ensure operational efficiency and safety
· Assign, verify and document completion of all routine maintenance and repairs in the property maintenance management system
· Communicates with city/county/state officials to ensure the proper maintenance of permits and licenses, to coordinate required inspections and to ensure full compliance with codes, regulations and safety standards
· Assists in the execution of capital projects and property rehabilitations
· Assist in monitoring and developing team member performance to include, but not limited to, providing supervision, scheduling, conducting counseling and evaluations, providing professional development and delivering recognition and reward
· Leads special projects, as needed
What are we looking for?
Since being founded in 1919, Hilton has been a leader in the hospitality industry. Today, Hilton remains a beacon of innovation, quality, and success. This continued leadership is the result of our Team Members staying true to our Vision, Mission, and Values. Specifically, we look for demonstration of these Values:
· Hospitality - We're passionate about delivering exceptional guest experiences.
· Integrity - We do the right thing, all the time.
· Leadership - We're leaders in our industry and in our communities.
· Teamwork - We're team players in everything we do.
· Ownership - We're the owners of our actions and decisions.
· Now - We operate with a sense of urgency and discipline
Meaningful Benefits for Your Career and Well Being
We support the well-being and performance of Team Members with industry-leading rewards, recognition and support to meet their needs:
• Competitive Salary
• Best-In-Class PTO (paid time off)
• Employee Assistance Programs
• Health and Welfare Benefit Plans
• 401(k) + match
• Employee Stock Purchase Plan
• Go Hilton - Team Member Travel Discounts
*This information is a highlight of the major benefits offered. Wages, retirement and paid time off benefits are specific to your location and position.
The employer will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring.
Keywords: engineer I, engineer II, engineer III, hotel engineer, hotel engineer I, hotel engineer II, hotel engineer III, hotel maintenance engineer, hotel maintenance engineer I, hotel maintenance engineer II, hotel maintenance engineer III, hotel chief engineer, building engineer, building engineer I, building engineer II, building engineer III, hotel engineer, maintenance, maintenance engineer, maintenance engineer I, maintenance engineer II, maintenance engineer III, maintenance technician, building maintenance, foreman, construction supervisor, union, construction, carpenter, electrician, plumber, hvac, boiler, chiller, repair, handyman