An Assistant Convention and Events Manager supports the Convention and Events Manager in managing the on-property Reservations Team and Event Planning team to actively convert customer enquiries into confirmed sales.
What will I be doing?
As Assistant Convention and Events Manager, you will support the Convention and Events Manager in managing the on-property Reservations and Event Planning Team to actively convert customer enquiries into confirmed sales.
The Assistant Convention and Events Manager will work flexibly to support the individual functions as and when needed. Specifically, you will be responsible for performing the following tasks to the highest standards:
· Maximise all Convention and Group Tour revenue opportunities
· Support the manager with the administrative tasks of loading bookings, managing rooming lists etc
· Support the Reservations and Event Planner teams where needed
· Maximise upselling opportunity through effective planning of Conference and Events
· Contribute to the selling strategy of the hotel, and support the departments' adherence to achieving that strategy
· Support the Convention and Events Team Members with on the job training to enable them to do their jobs with the maximum output and efficiency
· Support the development of the Convention and Events Team to ensure career progression and effective succession planning within the hotel and company