KEY ROLES & RESPONSIBILITIES
As Assistant Chief Engineer, you are to assist the Chief Engineer in the day to day running of the Engineering department. You will be responsible for the effective management of all engineering and maintenance operations within the hotel in his absence, including energy conservation. Specific responsibilities include assisting the Chief Engineer in:
· Leading the team in the day to day engineering and maintenance operations of the hotel including service standards, equipment schedules and work schedules
· Planning and organising work, communicate goals, and schedule colleagues to ensure proper coverage.
· Assisting with the following Team Member related activities, recruitment, performance management, Training, career planning, disciplinary matters and team motivation.
· Educate/train colleagues on current safety issues to ensure compliance with all local laws and safety regulations.
· Assist with other duties as assigned and may serve as "manager on duty" as required.
· Maintain and repair the interior and exterior of buildings, hotel rooms and contents.
· Ensure the execution and achievement of the hotel's preventive maintenance program.
· Monitor budget and control expenses within all areas of the department.
· Participate in the preparation of the annual departmental operating budget and financial.
· Maintain procedures to: (1) ensure the security of inventory and assets such as tools, supplies, equipment, furniture, televisions, etc., (2) replenish supplies and inventory in a timely and efficient manner, and (3) to minimize waste.
· Own and drive sustainability within the property in line with company goals
· Assist in determining the security requirements necessary to ensure that hotel property, colleagues, residents and patrons are protected against theft, crime, and other hazards, and/or manage the relationship with a third party security firm contracted for such purposes
· Liaise with Housekeeping to co-ordinate and prioritise maintenance activities for guest rooms and public areas
· Monitor Key Performance Indicators for the Engineering Department and take corrective action as required- equipment inventory, quality audit, productivity, ..etc.
· A proven team player
· Proficient in all aspects of building operations and facilities management
· Ability to work independently with good interpersonal skills
· A creative, practical and pro-active approach to problem solving
· A proven ability to build, lead and manage a team
· An energetic and dynamic personality
· Recognised Trade qualification with an accredited body a necessity (Diploma Level)
· Studying towards a Bachelor's degree in Mechanical or Electrical Engineering
· Project Management qualification an advantage
· Leadership/management qualifications an advantage
· Minimum 3 years' experience in similar position in the hotel industry and extensive working knowledge of engineering operations.
· Up to date knowledge of modern trends and applications in the field of engineering such as BMS
· Exposure to budgeting and basic accounting