An Assistant Chief Engineer is responsible for all maintenance issues within the hotel to deliver an excellent Guest and Member experience while performing daily checks, repairing equipment, and coordinating renovation projects.
What will I be doing?
As an Assistant Chief Engineer, you will be responsible for all maintenance issues within the hotel, daily, maintenance checks, and repairing mechanical equipment to deliver an excellent Guest and Member experience. An Assistant Chief Engineer will also be required to coordinate renovation projects and develop emergency programs. Specifically, you will be responsible for performing the following tasks to the highest standards:
· Responsible for maintenance issues within the hotel
· Perform daily checks around the hotel
· Conduct lift emergency release procedures as required
· Diagnose, maintain, and repair mechanical equipment within the hotel
· Ensure good relationships are built with internal and external customers
· Maintenance of all hotel fixtures and fittings to ensure they are in safe condition and take action when any unsafe situations arise
· Develop, implement, and direct all emergency programs
· Develop, implement and manage energy conservation programs for the property to minimize expenses
· Coordinate renovation bidding, define the cost and scope of the project, and oversee the general contractor and subcontractors to ensure quality work is performed cost effectively
· Perform special projects and other responsibilities as assigned
· Responsible for the health and safety of the hotel
· Ensure monthly safety inspections take place and employees are trained accordingly