A Catering and Events Manager with Hilton Hotels & Resorts is responsible for managing all meetings and events in the hotel to deliver an excellent Guest and Member experience while optimizing sales, evaluating performance, and ensuring staffing levels meet demand.
What makes working at Hilton different?
Currently, Hilton is listed #2 of Best Workplaces Multinationals in the Netherlands 2022. We know that when we invest in our Team Members, our guests and communities benefit. It is why we are committed to provide industry-leading benefits that empower Team Members to be their best selves, in and outside of work while creating meaningful personal and professional growth opportunities for all. We encourage our Team Members to find their passion and to create their own journey throughout careers that suits them.
What does the job look like?
As a Catering & Events Manager, you are responsible for managing all banquets and events in the hotel to deliver an excellent Guest and Member experience. A Catering and Events Manager would also be required to optimize sales and ensure staffing levels meet demand. Specifically, you will be responsible for performing the following tasks to the highest standards:
- Manage all meetings, catering and events
- Communicate well with sales team on daily basis and work as per the client requirements and delegate tasks to the team
- Maintain exceptional levels of customer service
- Evaluate guest satisfaction levels with a focus on continuous improvement
- Optimize sales and contain costs, identifying any areas for action
- Maintain good communication and work relationships in all hotel areas and with external customers and suppliers
- Responsible for beverage cost of the department
- Ensure staffing levels meet business demands
- Ensure communication meetings are conducted and post-meeting minutes generated and distributed
- Manage staff performance issues in compliance with company policies and procedures
- Carry out all annual and mid-year appraisals with team members under your responsibility
- Comply with hotel security, fire regulations and all health and safety legislation
- Recruit, manage, train and develop your team
- Set departmental targets and objectives, work schedules, budgets, policies and procedures
- Assist other departments wherever necessary and maintain good working relationships
- Be environmentally aware
- Accountable for monthly stock take
What are we looking for?
A Catering & Events Manager serving Hilton Rotterdam is always working on behalf of our Guests and working with other Team Members. To successfully fill this role, you should maintain the attitude, behaviors, skills, and values that follow:
- Previous meeting, events & banquet experience
- Strong knowledge of hotel sector and/or conference market
- Ability to meet departmental targets
- Record of success in Conference & Banquets, specifically the ability to deliver profit, control costs and build customer loyalty
- Exceptional communication skills
- Ability to coach and develop a team
- Positive attitude and natural motivator
- Able to think out of the box and be creative
- Knowledge of HACCP and allergen legislation
- Fluent in the English language, speaking and writing
- Ability to work under pressure and deal with stressful situations
- Passion for delivering exceptional levels of guest service
It would be advantageous in this position for you to demonstrate the following capabilities and distinctions:
- Degree or diploma in Hotel Management or equivalent
- Fluent in the Dutch and English language, speaking and writing
What are the benefits when working at Hilton Rotterdam?
- Up to 30 nights per year highly discounted rates (staff rate) in all Hilton Hotels Worldwide, including 50% discount on F&B in restaurants managed by Hilton
- Up to 70 nights per year highly discounted rates (Friends & Family rate) in all Hilton Hotels Worldwide
- 50% discount in F&B in restaurants managed by Hilton Netherlands
- Extensive development opportunities supported by our Learning & Development department
- Travel allowance according to policy of Hilton Rotterdam
- Free use of fitness facilities
- Free Wi-Fi in hotel for Team Members
- Team Member restaurant
- Discount on health insurance of ‘CZ Zorgverzekeringen’