A Sales, Catering & Events Administrative Assistant supports Managers in coordinating and disbursing information relating to events in the hotel's continuing effort to deliver outstanding service and financial profitability
What will I be doing?
· Supporting Events and Sales Managers with group resume creation, generation of banquet event orders, assembly of customer's materials (i.e. pre-con binders)
· Responsible for answering internal and external customer calls in a fast-paced environment
· Creating, cataloguing and timely distribution of key event communication tools that are utilized to support the operating departments of the hotel.
· Ordering and utilizing the VIP welcome amenity process.
· Data entry using Delphi, Microsoft Word, PowerPoint and Excel.
· Copying and distributing of internal/external letters, forms, bookings, contracts, resumes, room lists, schedules, and mail. E-mail correspondence directed by managers as needed. Filing, faxing, and distribution of incoming/outgoing mail.
In addition to performance of the essential functions, this position may be required to perform a combination of the following supportive functions, with the percentage of time performing each function to be solely determined by the supervisor based upon the particular requirements of the company.
· Attend weekly departmental meeting and other scheduled meetings to support business operations, such as group pick up meeting, weekly operations meeting, and weekly sales meeting.
· Keep work area clean and organized.
· Assists with special projects assigned by management.
· Performs other duties and responsibilities as assigned or required by management.
· Maintain a good working relationship with other departments, employees, and guests.
What are we looking for?
Since being founded in 1919, Hilton has been a leader in the hospitality industry. Today, Hilton remains a beacon of innovation, quality, and success. This continued leadership is the result of our Team Members staying true to our Vision, Mission, and Values. Specifically, we look for demonstration of these Values:
· Hospitality - We're passionate about delivering exceptional guest experiences.
· Integrity - We do the right thing, all the time.
· Leadership - We're leaders in our industry and in our communities.
· Teamwork - We're team players in everything we do.
· Ownership - We're the owners of our actions and decisions.
· Now - We operate with a sense of urgency and discipline
In addition, we look for the demonstration of the following key attributes:
· Customer Focus
· Adaptability What will it be like to work for Hilton?
Hilton is the leading global hospitality company, spanning the lodging sector from luxurious full-service hotels and resorts to extended-stay suites and mid-priced hotels. For nearly a century, Hilton has offered business and leisure travelers the finest in accommodations, service, amenities and value. Hilton is dedicated to continuing its tradition of providing exceptional guest experiences across its global brands . Our vision “to fill the earth with the light and warmth of hospitality” unites us as a team to create remarkable hospitality experiences around the world every day. And, our amazing Team Members are at the heart of it all!