Our Architecture & Design Department delivers truly exceptional properties that delight our guests, reward our partners, and reflect the unique cultures of their geographical locations. With design and construction professionals across 16 locations, we have the advantages of a global presence as well as the benefits of local resources, skills, and expertise.
What will I be doing?
As the Administrative Assistant for Global Design Services, you will ensure the maintenance of efficient and effective departmental operations. You will work most closely with the Senior Vice President of Global Design to assist in delivering the greater GDS Teams' objectives. Your expertise will span across the development of memorandums and correspondence on the SVP's behalf, preparing departmental reports and presentations for the SVP, managing design consultants and vendor communications and contacts, building positive partnerships among the team and project partners, and coordinating with fellow GDS teams globally.
We will also depend on you to act as the main liaison between other departments on behalf of the SVP of Global Design. Your role will encompass maintaining overall departmental correspondence, communication, coordination, and support. You will coordinate departmental activities and international meetings, including assembling special internal and external events. Your organization and attention to detail will be critical to the success of smooth and efficient daily operational functions of the team.
More specifically, you will:
· Schedule and manage the SVP of Global Design's calendar, including booking travel itineraries.
· Manage the training and travel calendar for the full Global Design department.
· Schedule meetings and complete arrangements for meeting venues, including food & beverage arrangements.
· Coordinate onboarding activities for new or transferring Team Members into the department.
· Organize and prioritize incoming calls received for the SVP, re-routing or assisting callers as needed.
· Assist the SVP in maintaining their files, taking meeting notes, preparing expense reports, compiling consultant and vendor lists, and handling inventory control such as department collateral and supplies.
· Monitor incoming emails, prioritizing issues, and responding to requests. This includes compiling written communication on behalf of the department to the attention of vendors or third-party project contacts.
· Track the departmental budget and expenditures.
· Contribute independently or with a team on special or recurring department projects.
What are we looking for?
We are seeking visionaries who are passionate about design and who love the opportunity to create transformations through design projects. We believe success in this role will demonstrate itself through the following attributes and skills:
· Collaborative and organized teammates, who build positive relationships and trust
· Creative problem solvers who strive to gain the latest knowledge of hospitality industry trends, especially with discovering innovative or groundbreaking designs
· Persuasive communicators who will positively influence Hilton's partners and who will communicate effectively at all levels
· Self-starters, who take the initiative in implementing goals, utilize analytical skills, and possess the adaptability, flexibility, and creativity in finding solutions for challenging problems
· Accountable individuals who effectively communicate results and recommend improvements
To fulfill this role successfully, you should demonstrate the following minimum qualifications:
· High School Diploma/GED
· Five (5) years of administrative experience
· Two (2) years of travel coordination experience including domestic and international travel, as well as time zone and currency changes
It would be helpful in this position for you to demonstrate the following capabilities and distinctions:
· Associate's Degree, Vocational College, or College Diploma
· Prior experience in the hospitality industry
· Advanced proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook
· Familiarity with Adobe Acrobat, Photoshop, or similar programs
What is it like working for Hilton?
Hilton is the world's leading global hospitality company, spanning the lodging sector from luxurious full-service hotels and resorts to extended-stay suites and mid-priced hotels. For over a century, Hilton has offered business and leisure travelers the finest in accommodations, service, amenities, and value. Hilton is dedicated to continuing its tradition of providing exceptional guest experiences across its global brands. Our vision to fill the earth with the light and warmth of hospitality unites us as a team to create remarkable hospitality experiences around the world every day. And, our amazing Team Members are at the heart of it all!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We will ensure that qualified individuals with protected disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions of his or her role, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request an accommodation.