The administrative assistant provides the Conference and Events Operations team with support including typing, filing, answering telephones, taking messages, maintaining appointment calendar, internal customer service and other general office duties.
What will I be doing?
An administrative assistant provides the Team with support including typing, filing, answering telephones, taking messages, maintaining appointment calendar, authorising invoices, liaising with staffing agencies, internal customer service and other general office duties. Specifically you will be responsible for performing the following tasks to the highest standards:
· Supporting the business and staffing co-ordinator with general admin tasks
· Routes mail, faxes and other printed matter
· Prepares correspondence on behalf of management
· Duplicates, copies and distributes and mails material for the department/office
· Orders and maintains office supplies and equipment
· Maintains files and equipment in an orderly and professional manner
· Uses the property's email system and maintains their email box, as is policy
· Liaising with agency staff suppliers booking staff for shifts and communicating changes
· Appropriate business use of telephone and voice email system
· Handles requests from both internal and external, as appropriate
Ideal candidate profile
What are we looking for?
An Administrative Assistant serving Hilton brands is always working on behalf of our Guests and working with other Team Members. To successfully fill this role, you should maintain the attitude, behaviours, skills, and values that follow:
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills
· Excellent administration and IT skills
· Committed to delivering a high level of customer service, both internally and externally
· Flexibility to respond to a range of different work situations
· Ability to work under pressure
It would be advantageous in this position for you to demonstrate the following capabilities and distinctions:
· Previous administrative experience in a fast paced environment
Normal hours of work will be 8am to 4pm, 3 days out of 5 (Monday to Friday). However, flexibility is required to cover sickness & holiday and occasional later finishes on busy events.
What will it be like to work for Hilton?
Hilton is the leading global hospitality company, spanning the lodging sector from luxurious full-service hotels and resorts to extended-stay suites and mid-priced hotels. For nearly a century, Hilton has offered business and leisure travelers the finest in accommodations, service, amenities and value. Hilton is dedicated to continuing its tradition of providing exceptional guest experiences across its global brands . Our vision “to fill the earth with the light and warmth of hospitality” unites us as a team to create remarkable hospitality experiences around the world every day. And, our amazing Team Members are at the heart of it all!