With thousands of hotels in over 100 countries and territories, Hilton offers countless opportunities to delight. From an open door to a welcoming smile and an exceptional experience, we offer the millions of travellers who stay with us every year a welcome they will never forget. In addition to our flagship brand, Hilton Hotels & Resorts, the family of brands includes Waldorf Astoria, LXR, Conrad, Canopy, Curio Collection, DoubleTree, Hilton Garden Inn, Hampton and many others.
If you appreciate the impact global travel can have on the world, you may be just the person we are looking for to work as a Hilton Team Member. Because it's with Hilton where we never forget the reason we're here: to delight our guests, Team Members, and owners alike.
What will I be doing?
• This position is to complete accounts receivable task for sole Hotel/multiple Hotels such as daily/monthly invoicing, matching transaction of Travel Agents payments, posting daily bank transaction Month end closing etc…
• Ensure that all hotel, regional hotel, company rules, local and international laws, SOX, GPI's, SOP's and regulations are adhered to, including the timely and accurate reporting of financial information.
• Completes a daily tasks for sole hotel/multiple hotels to ensure compliance and completion of all tasks by using best practice and standardized procedure for all centralized hotels.
• Attends meetings to promote communication with colleagues, Hotels, other departments and all other key stakeholders.
• Is sufficiently present in operations, monitoring and interacting with the team and hotel team on a daily basis.
• Creates and maintains UDA's (User Developed Applications - Excel) and ensures automation and integrity of formulas at all times
• Prepares Journal entries, ensuring accuracy and clarity in the General Ledger is available for all entries while keeping in compliance with Hilton Chart of Accounts, Hilton Chart of Accounts and Balance Sheet dictionary, Uniform System of Accounts for Lodging Industry (latest edition) and Regional Standards
• Prepares Balance Sheet Account reconciliation, ensuring that accounts are reflected accurately and with source back up (OnQ, Micros, PDF's,…). UDA's (Excel) worksheets are to be avoided as much as possible.
• Prepares and communicates a month-end summary report of assigned area – displaying performance against targets, future planned action and general workload evaluation (e.g. AR = invoices processed by TM, credit limit report // AP = spent by supplier, invoices processed … // GC = average daily cash, cash compliance survey, shortages…..). Ensures that reports are analyzed in detail and improvement opportunities in accuracy, workflow, efficiency and communication are continuously utilized and integrated in development plans
• Maximizes productivity through the use of multi-skilling, multi-tasking and flexible scheduling to meet the departmental goals of the business.
• In the absence of the direct superior, ensures the smooth operation of the Shared Service Centre and all assigned policies and procedures are followed.
• Focuses on own development of “Creativity” and “Out of the Box thinking” and contributions to the overall departmental progression through well defined ideas to drive change and increase efficiency and team satisfaction.
• Carries out any other reasonable duties and responsibilities as assigned.
• Make all efforts to ensure all debt are settled before 90 days to avoid provision for doubtful amounts
• Takes ownership for debt collection through Credit Management, ensures all debtor are reconciled and followed up timely
• Actively supports and manages superior and colleagues, ensures team queries and issues are addressed timely and appropriately with a positive outcome.
• Identifies own training needs and develops training plans to ensure continuous development of assigned area and related sections. Minimize skill gaps and follows up monthly to ensure such plans are followed.
• Participates to ensure PDR's, PDP's, Induction Plans and x-trainings are completed timely and in a satisfactory manner.
• Contributes, provides supports and communicates updates to the GTMS action plan.
• Reflects a supportive and welcoming atmosphere within own and to other departments at all times. Considers the need of others while maintaining compliance to hotel procedures
What are we looking for?
• Close interdepartmental co-ordination is required with:
- Hotel and Shared Service Income Audit
• This position is to liaise with:
- Hotel Finace Team
- Hotel Sales
- Travel Agencies
- Credit Card Companies
Specific Job Knowledge, Skill and Ability
The individual must possess the following knowledge, skills and abilities and be able to perform the essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodation.
- Excellent numerical and communication skills
- Problem solving skills with the ability to proactively identify and prevent potential challenges
- Organized and structured with strong focus on Time Management while dealing with multiple tasks and deadlines, focusing on the result and achievement of deadlines
- Ability to understand and use assigned financial data and reports and to analyze information logically and statistically and proposes various solutions
- Ability to take initiative, identify and priorities to achiving agreed goals
- Abiltiy to embrace change, resolve conflicts and develop collaboration
- Ability for discretion and confidentiality regarding sensitive information.
- Ability to advocate and implement professional development for self, including capability to work with peers and other resources and to assist with development, mentoring opportunities and cross-training; includes adherence to organization's standards
- Ability to plan and organize
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Excel, including ability to understand/manipulate basic spreadsheets.
- Basic knowledge of assigned P&L and Balance Sheet accounts
- High School graduate or equivalent
- English: Beginner
- Japanese: Proficient
- Collage graduate or equivalent
- Boki Level 2 – or equivalent relevant degree, in Finance, Accounting or related business discipline, from an academic institution
- English: Intermediate
- 2 years work experience in Finance
What will it be like to work for Hilton?
Hilton is the leading global hospitality company, spanning the lodging sector from luxurious full-service hotels and resorts to extended-stay suites and mid-priced hotels. For nearly a century, Hilton has offered business and leisure travelers the finest in accommodations, service, amenities and value. Hilton is dedicated to continuing its tradition of providing exceptional guest experiences across its global brands . Our vision “to fill the earth with the light and warmth of hospitality” unites us as a team to create remarkable hospitality experiences around the world every day. And, our amazing Team Members are at the heart of it all!