A Cost Controller will work with all Heads of Departments to effectively control all products that enter and exit the hotel.
What will I be doing?
As Cost Controller, you will work with all Heads of Departments to effectively control all products that enter and exit the hotel. Specifically, you will be responsible for performing the following tasks to the highest standards:
· Review the daily intake of products into the hotel and ensure accurate pricing and quantity of goods received
· Control the stores by ensuring accuracy of inventory and stock control and the pricing of good received
· Alert Cost Controller of slow moving goods and goods nearing expiry dates to reduce waste and alter product purchasing to accommodate
· Manage cost reporting on a weekly basis
· Attend finance meetings, as required
· Maintain good communication and working relationships with all hotel areas
· Act in accordance with fire, health and safety regulations and follow the correct procedures when required
What are we looking for?
A Cost Controller serving Hilton brands is always working on behalf of our Guests and working with other Team Members. To successfully fill this role, you should maintain the attitude, behaviours, skills, and values that follow:
· Previous experience in a high volume cost control function within a hotel environment
· Computer literate, with good MS Excel skills
· Strong organisational skills
· Ability to develop strong working relationships with internal and external customers
It would be advantageous in this position for you to demonstrate the following capabilities and distinctions:
· Relevant degree, in Finance/Accounting or related business discipline, from an academic institution
· Previous experience in the hospitality industry
What will it be like to work for Hilton?
Hilton is the leading global hospitality company, spanning the lodging sector from luxurious full-service hotels and resorts to extended-stay suites and mid-priced hotels. For nearly a century, Hilton has offered business and leisure travelers the finest in accommodations, service, amenities and value. Hilton is dedicated to continuing its tradition of providing exceptional guest experiences across its global brands . Our vision “to fill the earth with the light and warmth of hospitality” unites us as a team to create remarkable hospitality experiences around the world every day. And, our amazing Team Members are at the heart of it all!