An Accounting Clerk basic responsibilities includes receiving functions to ensure all deliveries are to the hotel specifications in accordance with the purchase orders and general accounting functions.
What will I be doing?
As an accounting Clerk, you would be responsible for:
· Enter all receiving merchandise into the computer system, noting the received status shortages and all other required information so all merchandise is accounted for. Prepare all outgoing records.
· Notifying the person responsible for ordering merchandise when shipment arrives or if the shipment fails to arrive so that any discrepancies can be resolved.
· Sgins, dates and time stamps all invoices on the respective receiving sheet, ensuring times are correctly identified.
· Checks each item on the invoice against the applicable hotel document, weighing, counting, verifying prices on each item and checking these aginst specifications to verify accuracy of delivery
· Assist on the daily operation of the storeroom at request.
· Review and reconcile night audit documentation.
· Prepare and complete bi-weekly tip reports for Food and Beverage department.
· Process on a daily basis a reconciliation for guest and group tax exemptions.
· Perform other duties and responsibilities as assgined or required.
· Assist in conducting month-end inventories.
· Respond to guest inquiries and request in a timely, friendly and efficient manner to support continuing effort to deliver outstanding guest service and financial profitability.
What are we looking for?
Since being founded in 1919, Hilton has been a leader in the hospitality industry. Today, Hilton remains a beacon of innovation, quality, and success. This continued leadership is the result of our Team Members staying true to our Vision, Mission, and Values. Specifically, we look for demonstration of these Values:
· Hospitality - We're passionate about delivering exceptional guest experiences.
· Integrity - We do the right thing, all the time.
· Leadership - We're leaders in our industry and in our communities.
· Teamwork - We're team players in everything we do.
· Ownership - We're the owners of our actions and decisions.
· Now - We operate with a sense of urgency and discipline
In addition, we look for the demonstration of the following key attributes:
· Customer Focus
What will it be like to work for Hilton?
Hilton is the leading global hospitality company, spanning the lodging sector from luxurious full-service hotels and resorts to extended-stay suites and mid-priced hotels. For nearly a century, Hilton has offered business and leisure travelers the finest in accommodations, service, amenities and value. Hilton is dedicated to continuing its tradition of providing exceptional guest experiences across its global brands . Our vision “to fill the earth with the light and warmth of hospitality” unites us as a team to create remarkable hospitality experiences around the world every day. And, our amazing Team Members are at the heart of it all!