Description de l'offre
An Accounting Clerk is responsible for paying all bills promptly and accurately after verifying that they have all the proper supporting documents, are accurate as to items, price and extensions, and have been approved by the department head and management.
What will I be doing?
An Accounting Clerk is responsible for paying all bills promptly and accurately after verifying that they have all the proper supporting documents, are accurate as to items, price and extensions, and have been approved by the department head and management. Specifically, you would be responsible for performing the following tasks to the highest standards:
· Codes invoices to proper General Ledger account number(s). Ensure all proper backups (purchase order, receiving records, etc.) are attached to invoices. Research any discrepancies and requests for payment updates from vendors/suppliers.
· Ensures Department Head and Management approval are obtained on all invoices and Birchstreet purchase orders.
· Batches invoices and submit to ADOF for approval. Enters invoices into PeopleSoft Accounts Payable after invoices are approved.
· Submits BRASS report for approval for checks to be cut. Prints Check Register daily and matches against invoices posted.
· Reconciles Vendor statements to our records to insure that all outstanding invoices on Vendor's statement are either processed for payment or disputed with Vendor.
· Maintains all vendor files; to include filing of all invoices and storage retention.
What are we looking for?
Any combination of education, training or experience that provides the required knowledge, skills and abilities. High school diploma or equivalent required.
Minimum one year Accounts Payable experience required; Similar size hotel accounts payable experience preferred.
LICENSES OR CERTIFICATES
CPR certification and/or First Aid training preferred.
All team members must maintain a neat, clean and well-groomed appearance (specific standards available).
Ability to speak another language in addition to English is preferred, with Japanese being the most desirable.
SPECIFIC JOB KNOWLEDGE, SKILL AND ABILITY
The individual must possess the following knowledge, skills and abilities and be able to explain and demonstrate that he or she can perform the essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodation, using some other combination of skills and abilities.
· General knowledge of accounting operations, with emphasis on Accounts Payable. Aptitude for figures.
· Ability to access and accurately input information into a computer and computer software such as PeopleSoft, OnQ, and Microsoft EXCEL.
· Ability to operate a 10-key by touch rapidly and accurately.
· Ability to accurately input/type 35 words per minute.
· Ability to read, write, speak and understand the English language sufficient to communicate with employees, staff and guests and perform all essential job functions.
· Ability to grasp, lift and/or carry a maximum of 25 lbs.
· Ability to lift, bend, stoop, walk, push/pull to retrieve and re-file various binders and files at levels up to 6 feet high and stand for extended periods of time.
· Basic mathematical and calculator skills necessary to perform mathematical calculations without error, such as, but not limited to, expense allocations.
· Ability to sit and work continuously for extended periods of time.
· Ability to effectively deal with vendor and employee concerns in a friendly and positive manner. This involves listening to the nature of the concern, demonstrating empathy with the customer and providing positive and proactive solutions.
· Ability to learn and perform all essential job functions accurately and safely with minimal direct supervision, within initial training period after employee begins work.
Since being founded in 1919, Hilton has been a leader in the hospitality industry. Today, Hilton remains a beacon of innovation, quality, and success. This continued leadership is the result of our Team Members staying true to our Vision, Mission, and Values. Specifically, we look for demonstration of these Values:
· Hospitality - We're passionate about delivering exceptional guest experiences.
· Integrity - We do the right thing, all the time.
· Leadership - We're leaders in our industry and in our communities.
· Teamwork - We're team players in everything we do.
· Ownership - We're the owners of our actions and decisions.
· Now - We operate with a sense of urgency and discipline
In addition, we look for the demonstration of the following key attributes:
· Customer Focus
· Adaptability What will it be like to work for Hilton?
Hilton is the leading global hospitality company, spanning the lodging sector from luxurious full-service hotels and resorts to extended-stay suites and mid-priced hotels. For nearly a century, Hilton has offered business and leisure travelers the finest in accommodations, service, amenities and value. Hilton is dedicated to continuing its tradition of providing exceptional guest experiences across its global brands . Our vision “to fill the earth with the light and warmth of hospitality” unites us as a team to create remarkable hospitality experiences around the world every day. And, our amazing Team Members are at the heart of it all!