A 2nd Assistant Golf Course Superintendent is responsible for assisting the Superintendent in directing and participating in the maintenance, operation and management of the golf course in the hotel's continuing effort to deliver outstanding guest service and financial profitability.
This role is a great next step for someone who has supervised or has experience in golf course maintenance to step-up and train into a leadership position
Pay - $18-20 per hour (depending on expereince), medical, dental, vision, 401K (with match), generous PTO plan, meals on duty, worldwide hotel discounts, and many more benefits are available!
· Responsible for daily Supervision, training and scheduling of 16 team members
· Assists in daily course set up and mowing along with any special projects such as sod work, drainage and bunker repairs
· Responsible for daily watering of the course as well as any necessary repairs to the irrigation system while partnering with the irrigation tech
· Fertilizer applications of all areas of the course and appropriate record keeping
· Assists in Pesticide Applications if needed
· Must be available to work 7 days a week on a rolling schedule, shifts between 5am and 4pm
· Must speak English. Bilingual (Spanish) would be an an asset
· Minimum of 1 year of Golf Course Maintenance experience with preferred experience as a tech, foreman or Supervisor
What will I be doing?
As the 2nd Assistant Golf Course Superintendent, you would be responsible for assisting the Superintendent in directing and participating in the maintenance, operation and management of the golf course in the hotel's continuing effort to deliver outstanding guest service and financial profitability. Specifically, you would be responsible for performing the following tasks to the highest standards:
· Assist in managing and maintaining the golf course(s) and practice areas to include, but not limited to, the equipment and maintenance facility, restrooms and potable water sources, open spaces, wooded areas, unused acreage and areas outside the perimeter fence, sod farm and/or nursery, irrigation systems, pump stations, wells and other appurtenances, and other properties as specified
· Conduct facility inspections and supervise minor construction projects and course additions
· Supervise maintenance and repair of construction and maintenance equipment
· Assist in the preparation of the annual budgets for maintenance and capital improvements to the golf course(s) and property
· Monitor nightly irrigation applications, insect and weed populations and diseases to diagnose problems and to present solutions
· Keep and maintain accurate and complete records including, but not limited to, payroll, inventory, weather data, maintenance procedures, fertilizer and pesticide applications, local, state and federal training documentation, safety and environmental standards and laws and regulations
· Assist in monitoring and developing team member performance to include, but not limited to, providing supervision, scheduling, conducting counseling and evaluations, providing professional development and delivering recognition and reward
· Recruit, interview and train team members
· Acts in absence of the Superintendent
What are we looking for?
Since being founded in 1919, Hilton has been a leader in the hospitality industry. Today, Hilton remains a beacon of innovation, quality, and success. This continued leadership is the result of our Team Members staying true to our Vision, Mission, and Values. Specifically, we look for demonstration of these Values:
· Hospitality - We're passionate about delivering exceptional guest experiences.
· Integrity - We do the right thing, all the time.
· Leadership - We're leaders in our industry and in our communities.
· Teamwork - We're team players in everything we do.
· Ownership - We're the owners of our actions and decisions.
· Now - We operate with a sense of urgency and discipline
In addition, we look for the demonstration of the following key attributes:
· Customer Focus
What will it be like to work for Hilton?
Hilton is the leading global hospitality company, spanning the lodging sector from luxurious full-service hotels and resorts to extended-stay suites and mid-priced hotels. For nearly a century, Hilton has offered business and leisure travelers the finest in accommodations, service, amenities and value. Hilton is dedicated to continuing its tradition of providing exceptional guest experiences across its global brands . Our vision “to fill the earth with the light and warmth of hospitality” unites us as a team to create remarkable hospitality experiences around the world every day. And, our amazing Team Members are at the heart of it all!