Assistant Fleet Purchasing Manager - Uxbridge
Hertzstarted as a 12 car operation in Chicago in 1918, and has since grown into one of the world’s leading car rental companies with over 9000 corporate and franchise locations throughout approximately 140 countries. The secret of our success is no secret, really - it lies in providing rewarding career paths, fostering personal achievement and celebrating our collective success. Being a world leader takes talent, a clear vision of the road ahead, a driving passion for excellence, but most of all, great people.
Our European Head Quarters based in Uxbridge (near Heathrow Airport) employs approximately 350 people with over 23 different nationalities and we’re currently looking for a Assistant Fleet Purchasing Manager to join the Fleet Purchasing team.
What is this role all about?
The Assitant Fleet Purchasing Manager is reporting to the Fleet Purchasing Manager for UK.
The purpose of the role is to support the Fleet Purchasing Manager to provide new car and van deliveries into the Hertz Operational network and to ensure that all vehicles are paid and accounted for in the timelines specified by Hertz UK suppliers.
· P.C. Literate with a sound working knowledge of MS Office, TAS, Car Rent and Vision an advantage.
· A minimum of 1 year previous Hertz / Fleet knowledge is essential.
· Solid understanding and experience of working within the automotive industry.
· Planning and control
· Self management & drive
· Relationship management
· Commercial awareness
· Negotiation & influencing skills
· Communication skills
· Results execution and delivery orientation
· Relationship management
· Attention to detail
· Track record of proven customer service skills focused on increasing levels of communication both internal & external
· A self-motivated and enthusiastic individual who is adaptable to change.
· An extremely committed individual with a positive ‘can do’ attitude.
· Excellent organisational and time management skills.
· Ability to communicate at all levels both within the organisation and with external customers.
· Willingness to learn and make a positive and energetic contribution to the team.
· Excellent telephone manner with strong interpersonal skills.
· Strong leadership and coaching skills.
· Proven team leader.
In return for your hard work and dedication, you will be rewarded with excellent career opportunities, training & development, a range of Benefits and Incentives such as: Canteen, Gym, staff discount programme and many more.
If you believe you have the skills and experience required to succeed within this challenging role in an established organisation please APPLY NOW.