Henkel Adhesive Technologies is a worldwide leader in bonding, sealing and surface treatments - thanks to our ambitious people. We create unique value for our clients and our technologies can be found in many objects touching our lives every day. Our success is built on constant innovation and people who strive for excellence. Working at Henkel is much more than just a job. It's a passion. Have you got what it takes?
The Material Handler is primary responsible for the receiving, warehousing, issuing and shipment of plant goods. The Material Handler is responsible for the safe movement of material to and from warehouse racks, through production, and the loading and unloading of trucks utilizing power forklifts and other handling equipment. The Material Handler processes receipts and shipment documents directly from the SAP system using source documentation and established reports. The Material Handler ensures all outbound shipments meet the requirements of international dangerous goods regulations and U.S. export & import control regulations.
What we offer:
· Performs SAP functions/processes related to shipping, receiving and warehousing.
· Process receipt of incoming materials/supplies/other, stocking material to correct bin and storage location
· Provide samples of incoming raw material to Quality as applicable
· Performs down packing and the kitting of material to alternate containers in compliance with all regulatory and safety requirements
· Loads, unloads, and stages material within the warehouse utilizing hand trucks, power forklifts, power hoists, or other material handling equipment.
· Loads and unloads delivery trucks utilizing hand trucks, power forklifts, power hoists, or other material handling equipment.
· Performs daily check of material handling equipment (forklift) for the purpose of ensuring safe operation of vehicle.
· Pulls, issues and delivers materials/supplies to locations throughout the plant as applicable
· Picks, packs, and labels shipment delivery orders to meet customer delivery commitments.
· Packages, labels, and prepares documentation for the safe shipment/storage/handling of hazardous materials.
· Performs daily cycle count inventory for the purpose of verifying stock and identifying losses. Participate in physical inventory annually or other frequency as required by the business.
· Report and ensure correction of raw material stock exceptions
· Respond to inquiries of other departments for the purpose of providing information and/or direction regarding the status of deliveries, inventory, and other warehouse activities as applicable.
· Maintains documents, files, metrics and records for the purpose of documenting activities and continuous improvements.
· Cleans, organizes, and ensures 5S standards are maintained in the warehouse assuring a safe and sanitary work area.
· Other related duties as required.