The Material Handler is primary responsible for the receiving, warehousing, issuing and shipment of plant goods. The Material Handler is responsible for the safe movement of material to and from warehouse racks, through production, and the loading and unloading of trucks utilizing power forklifts and other handling equipment. The Material Handler processes receipts and shipment documents directly from the SAP system using source documentation and established reports. The Material Handler ensures all outbound shipments meet the requirements of international dangerous goods regulations and U.S. export & import control regulations.
What we offer
· Performs SAP functions/processes related to shipping, receiving and warehousing.
· Process receipt of incoming materials/supplies/other, stocking material to correct bin and storage location
· Provide samples of incoming raw material to Quality as applicable
· Performs down packing and the kitting of material to alternate containers in compliance with all regulatory and safety requirements
· Loads, unloads, and stages material within the warehouse utilizing hand trucks, power forklifts, power hoists, or other material handling equipment.
· Loads and unloads delivery trucks utilizing hand trucks, power forklifts, power hoists, or other material handling equipment.
· Performs daily check of material handling equipment (forklift) for the purpose of ensuring safe operation of vehicle.
· Pulls, issues and delivers materials/supplies to locations throughout the plant as applicable
· Picks, packs, and labels shipment delivery orders to meet customer delivery commitments.
· Packages, labels, and prepares documentation for the safe shipment/storage/handling of hazardous materials.
· Performs daily cycle count inventory for the purpose of verifying stock and identifying losses. Participate in physical inventory annually or other frequency as required by the business.
· Report and ensure correction of raw material stock exceptions
· Respond to inquiries of other departments for the purpose of providing information and/or direction regarding the status of deliveries, inventory, and other warehouse activities as applicable.
· Maintains documents, files, metrics and records for the purpose of documenting activities and continuous improvements.
· Cleans, organizes, and ensures 5S standards are maintained in the warehouse assuring a safe and sanitary work area.
· Other related duties as required.
Who we are looking for
· High school diploma or GED
· Minimum two years related forklift experience in manufacturing warehouse environment.
· Follow both written and verbal instructions and company policies regarding safe handling of hazardous chemicals, write legibly
· Must be self-motivated and a strong team player
· Demonstrated excellent attendance and relability
· Work with others in a respectful manner and as a member of the team, to achieve all goals set forth in the department
· Flexibility to work overtime, extended shifts and/or other shifts on occasion
· Prefer experience in the certification and preparation of dangerous goods documentation for domestic & international transport in all modes.
· Experience in Warehouse Management systems (e.g. LOGOS, bar-coding, RF scanners, and labeling systems)
· Ability to manage disparate responsibilities within a fast-paced, deadline driven environment.
· Strong commitment to safety systems and OSHA required standards
· Lift up to 50 lbs, and up to 25 lbs on a frequent basis during a shift
· Wear full face respirator
· Climb and descend stairs and forklift routinely during a shift
· Stand and walk routinely during a shift
· Work in non-climate controlled work area
Henkel is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics
Apply online if this sounds like your next challenge. Refer to the job ID mentioned above and get one step closer to starting your new job at Henkel.
Discover our winning culture: www.henkel.com/career
Here are some other vacancies your might like
Crée en 1876, Henkel est devenu le leader sur les marchés internationaux de la grande consommation et de l’industrie. Le groupe est présent dans le monde entier avec les plus grandes marques et des technologies dans 3 domaines : Laundry & Home Care, Beauty Care, et les Adhesive Technologies.
L’entreprise dont le siège social international est basé à Düsseldorf en Allemagne emploie plus de 47 000 personnes dans le monde entier et a réalisé un chiffre d’affaire de 16, 5 milliards d’euros en 2012. Henkel dispose aujourd’hui d’une position forte notamment grâce à ses marques mondialement connues tels que Schwarzkopf, Loctite ou encore Pattex. Henkel s’est implantée en France en 1967 et connaît depuis une progression remarquable puisqu’elle à vu son chiffre d’affaires multiplié par 40 depuis 1970.