This position is responsible for the production of chemical adhesives in a manufacturing environment.
What we offer
· Operate process equipment to make products in the department with minimal supervision, to include rate of addition, application of heat/cooling, application of vacuum, adjustment of agitation intensity where applicable, and rate of reflux and distillation
· Must follow written instructions and notify management if written instructions could be improved (ie: safety, efficiency or quality)
· Maintain data logs which include time, weights, temperatures, and pressure. Must be legible and timely
· Troubleshoot processes and equipment to identify potential problems
· Follow all SHE requirements implemented by Henkel as well as state and federal mandates that apply to our product and raw material inventory
· Cross-train on all manufacturing equipment
· Provide operator training to other plant employees as appropriate.
· Provide emergency services and general direction to other employees in the event of a plant emergency
· Computer proficiency (Lotus Notes, Excel, internet, windows, SAP)
· Complete compliance with all site safety procedures and equipment operating instructions
· Participate in 5S and sustain clean work area to reduce any chance of employee injury
Who we are looking for
· Must possess knowledge of safe handling practices with raw materials and finished goods to include the safety characteristics (SDS)
· Chemical handling experience preferred or minimum of 2 years related manufacturing experience
· Prefer knowledge in LEAN manufacturing principles or work environment
· Mechanical/electrical aptitude preferred
· Work with others in a respectful manner and as a member of the team, to achieve all goals set forth in the department
· Must be self-motivated and a strong team player
· Demonstrated excellent attendance and reliability
· High school diploma or GED
· Strong commitment to safety systems and OSHA required standards
· Flexibility to work overtime, extended shifts and/or other shifts on occasion
· Lift up to 50 lbs, and up to 25lbs on a frequent basis during a shift.
· Climb and descend stairs several times per day in work area.
· Stand continuously and walk frequently during the shift
· Work in non-climate controlled work area.
Henkel is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics.
Apply online if this sounds like your next challenge. Click on apply and get one step closer to starting your new job at Henkel.
Discover more: www.henkel.com/career
Crée en 1876, Henkel est devenu le leader sur les marchés internationaux de la grande consommation et de l’industrie. Le groupe est présent dans le monde entier avec les plus grandes marques et des technologies dans 3 domaines : Laundry & Home Care, Beauty Care, et les Adhesive Technologies.
L’entreprise dont le siège social international est basé à Düsseldorf en Allemagne emploie plus de 47 000 personnes dans le monde entier et a réalisé un chiffre d’affaire de 16, 5 milliards d’euros en 2012. Henkel dispose aujourd’hui d’une position forte notamment grâce à ses marques mondialement connues tels que Schwarzkopf, Loctite ou encore Pattex. Henkel s’est implantée en France en 1967 et connaît depuis une progression remarquable puisqu’elle à vu son chiffre d’affaires multiplié par 40 depuis 1970.