Communications & Events Marketing Internship
Role: Communications & Events Marketing Intern
Status: Voluntary 3-month internship, 3 days a week, unpaid
Reporting to: Communications Manager
Hours: 21 hours per week (including 1 hour lunch break); days are flexible but include Thursdays
This internship will be based within Handel & Hendrix in London’s creative team who manage and plan the extensive programme of both Baroque and contemporary concerts and events, deliver all literature and interpretation for visitors and implement the longer term strategies for the organisation.
Please note that the internship is voluntary and unpaid. Handel & Hendrix in London offer travel reimbursement within London.
- Supporting digital and social media evaluation and strategy
- Contributing to regular social media posts, weekly features, and website content
- Monitoring social media and website engagement, and then researching and recommending changes based on this evaluation
- Attending all events and creating digital content associated with them
- Assisting in the design and editorial content of our event programmes
- Helping create inventive and engaging digital marketing campaigns for our event seasons
- Helping to find and implement cross-marketing opportunities with other relevant organisations
Extra opportunities may include (seasonal):
- Attending training on marketing/social media (depending on availability)
- Training to work with visually impaired people
- Shop and box office training
Terms and Conditions:
This internship is voluntary and unpaid. Handel & Hendrix in London offer travel reimbursement within London
Applicants must be over the age of 18 as of September 2017
Applicants must be able to commit to the full 3-month internship from September 2017
The internship will consist of 21 hours per week over three days. The days per week will be discussed and agreed with the respective member of staff responsible for the internship
The appointment is subject to security clearance, which includes a search of police records (Enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service check)
Please send your CV with ‘Communications & Events Marketing Internship’ as the title
Please supply contact details of 2 references. These will only be contacted should you be offered the position.
Closing date for applications: Friday 1st September 6pm.
Interviews: 15 September