Influential, innovative and progressive, Gucci is reinventing a wholly modern approach to fashion. Under the new vision of creative director Alessandro Michele, the House has redefined luxury for the 21st century, further reinforcing its position as one of the world’s most desirable fashion houses. Eclectic, contemporary, romantic—Gucci products represent the pinnacle of Italian craftsmanship and are unsurpassed for their quality and attention to detail. Gucci is part of the Kering Group, a world leader in apparel and accessories that owns a portfolio of powerful luxury and sport and lifestyle brands.
Gucci is currently seeking for a Small Leather Goods, Belts, Hats & Gloves Junior Designer.
You will work closely with our Designers by helping our team to create and bring to life the Creative Director’s vision. As a Junior Designer, you will support the Designer through every aspect of the creative process: from research to design, product knowledge, development, and all ad hoc duties required by the Designer.
The new joiner will also work on ad hoc projects.
How you will contribute (key accountabilities)
· Assist in any part of the design process required by the Designer
· Perform ad hoc and administrative tasks as required by the Designer
· Produce clear and detailed technical sketches
· Communicate technical and creative ideas
· Research cross all product variations
· Create mood and trend boards
· Research of general trends, inspiration as well as details and materials
· Development of sketches from inspirational through to technical drawings
· Making mock-ups of products
· Feeding back to product development team
· Sourcing materials and suppliers and manage fabric and material archive
· Preparing specs and managing deliveries and deadlines
Things That Should Be in Your Background
· Previous experience (2-3 years) in a similar role
· Proficient in Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Illustrator, Adobe InDesign
· Good research skills
· Sample making experience
· Fluency in English and/or Italian
· Excellent organization with an ability to manage a changing workload effectively to meet weekly deadlines
· Ability to understand creative direction and concept
Other Attributes That Will Help You in This Role
· Act in a manner that is considerate of others both as colleagues and as human beings
· Make the most out of situations to cultivate strong, trust-based relationships that turns into successful partnership
· Share information providing others with the full picture
· Ability to work to rigorous deadlines with high pressure and change
· Ability to deal with uncertainty, keep a calm manner and react positively during stressful times
What to include in your application
· Your resume
· A compact version of your portfolio
· A Mini Gucci inspired Design Project (maximum 5 pages)
Please note that you will be able to upload either DOC, DOCX, HTML, PDF, or TXT file types of 5MB maximum)
Why work with us?
Gucci is committed to building a diverse workforce. We believe diversity in all its forms – gender, age, nationality, culture, religious beliefs and sexual orientation – enriches the workplace. It opens up opportunities for people to express their talent, both individually and collectively and it helps foster our ability to adapt to a changing world. As an Equal Opportunity Employer we welcome and consider applications from all qualified candidates, regardless of their background.
GUCCIO GUCCI S.P.A.