Innovation and disruption have become Gucci hallmarks in the last five years as the Brand has set the pace for the industry’s reinvention. In order to fuel the future growth of the brand and strengthen its innovation leadership, Gucci is creating a New Business division, under the direct sponsorship of its CEO, with the mission to create new revenue streams for the company; this new division covers areas such as Gaming, Virtual Clothing, Vintage and Resale, Rental, Subscription, Social commerce.
The position is part of ww merchandising and reports to the New business merchandising manager.
The main mission of the role is to elaborate merchandising strategies, while bringing creative solving solution to all problems that necessarily will emerge in the start-up mindset. Characteristic of the new businesses creation, the role implicates to deal with uncertainties and requires to go beyond “the traditional merchandising role”.
He/she is the operational point person on all new businesses projects for all people appointed to new businesses within each department: CID, Digital, Design team, Production and product development teams, dedicated new business project managers.
Key activities and accountabilities
· Organizes, manages and is accountable for all activities linked to the product offer creation: product coding (manages hierarchy kpis, etc), end of season collection management, overseeing line list creation, pricing etc
· Build relationships with collection merch and product development of each category to make sure collection development follows all steps of product development flow
· Manages and is accountable for all activities linked to all communication support tools development: packaging, assets production, calendar creation
· Accountable for all activities linked to buying process (skus selection, quantities, sizing etc)
· Manages execution of publishing strategy and monitors merchandise arrival with relevant stake holders (suppliers & supply chain)
· Keeps track of timeline
· Benchmarking: nourishes new business team with ideas, looking at direct and indirect competition
· Delivers product training to Gucci9
· Extract weekly, monthly, seasonal business report
· Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent
· Excellent knowledge of spoken and written English and Italian
· Fashion product sensitivity and comprehension of the industry (fashion and digital)
· Ideally 3 - 5 years of working experience, possibly in buying
· Love for working in a start-up context and go beyond the boundaries of a traditional merchandising role
· Ability to deal with uncertainty
· Business acumen
· Analytical skills
· Able to interacts with, flexibility and diplomacy with the stakeholders
· Hands-on approach and willingness to work in team, determined and curious
· Perfect knowledge of Microsoft package
GUCCIO GUCCI S.P.A.