Influential, innovative and progressive, Gucci is reinventing a wholly modern approach to fashion. Under the new vision of creative director Alessandro Michele, the House has redefined luxury for the 21st century, further reinforcing its position as one of the world’s most desirable fashion houses. Eclectic, contemporary, romantic—Gucci products represent the pinnacle of Italian craftsmanship and are unsurpassed for their quality and attention to detail. Gucci is part of the Kering Group, a world leader in apparel and accessories that owns a portfolio of powerful luxury and sport and lifestyle brands.
Following the guidelines and input of the Creative Director the Junior Designer will support Designers developing a Décor collection in line with the Brand aesthetic and principles.
How you will contribute (key accountabilities)
Research trends and inspirations:
· Participate in the creativity of the category through knowledge of the latest trends
· Monitor the marketplace to identify opportunities to stay ahead of the competitors
· Based on a theme or Design Director inputs, research inspiration thought:
· Vintage markets
Design and creativity:
· Develop sketches based on Designers/Design Director inputs and the Brand aesthetic
· Propose new ideas
· Share the draws with the Designers/Design Director and modify or integrate with size, proportion, materials, and colours
· Support Designers applying graphic corrections (colours, materials) on draws realized by Designers or developing rendering
· Support Designer in dealing with practical and bureaucratic requests coming from Product Development
Things That Should Be in Your Background
· At least 2 years of experience in similar roles
· Background in industrial design is a definite advantage
· Good knowledge in product development constructions, materials, and industrial production processes
· Sound culture of history of the Brand
· Proficient on all design platforms as Adobe Illustrator Adobe Photoshop and Adobe InDesign
· Knowledge in 3D modelling systems as Rhinoceros and KeyShot
· Fluency in English
Other Attributes That Will Help You in This Role
· Thinks in a connected way, understanding how own decisions impact others
· Generates insights from a wide-range of available internal and external trends
· Work beyond hierarchy, to build bridges and brings people to work collaboratively.
· Communicates impactfully and adapts messaging in a way that it inspires others to act.
· A flexible mind-set, at ease with changes and new ways of working. Is energized by an environment that operates in ambiguous and volatile conditions
· Makes things happen with and through others and takes accountability for own actions
Why work with us?
Gucci is committed to building a diverse workforce. We believe diversity in all its forms – gender, age, nationality, culture, religious beliefs and sexual orientation – enriches the workplace. It opens up opportunities for people to express their talent, both individually and collectively and it helps foster our ability to adapt to a changing world. As an Equal Opportunity Employer we welcome and consider applications from all qualified candidates, regardless of their background.
Fixed Term (Fixed Term)
GUCCIO GUCCI S.P.A.