Your Responsibilities :
• Diagnose the most important employee health and wellbeing issues in the country and design solutions.
• To develop, manage and deliver an effective shared Employee Health and Wellbeing service to all GSK businesses (eg GMS, R&D, Vaccines, Commercial) in the country
• Support local implementation and promotion of enterprise-wide and country EHW programmes, services and initiatives.
• Provide regional employee health and wellbeing oversight, governance and consultative support to all BU's and sites in the country.
• Ensure adequate coordination with key site partners (e.g. Line Management, EHS, HR) and support to the sites/businesses.
• Develop Service Level agreements with all businesses and monitor the quality and impact of the shared EHW service.
• Work with above site functions e.g. Regional Head EHW, EHS Shared Service, HR, Supply Chain, Vaccines and R&D to ensure program delivery is appropriately coordinated with Corporate and global business strategies.
Workplace Health Risk Management:
• Adapt and implement global/regional programs to manage key employee health & wellbeing risks e.g. exposure to chemical agents, ergonomics, biological hazards, travel health etc.
• Support risk assessment processes
• Deliver employee education and training on Employee Health and Wellbeing Risks
• Adapt and implement appropriate health surveillance processes
• Occupational illness and injury investigation
Employee Health and Wellbeing:
• Identify and assess key health drivers of decreased productivity and implement programes to address these.
• Support the implementation and continuous improvement of Health and Wellbeing programmes, and other strategic programmes
• Support managers with attendance management.
• Develop appropriate health related elements to site emergency response plans
• Support implementation of pandemic plans to combat relevant public health issues
• Based on GSK Standards develop consistent policies for EHW and ensure that these policies and procedures are implemented
• Support sites and businesses with compliance of GSK policies and standards.
• Develop and use self audit tools to effectively assess and audit programs.
• EHW/EHS management system development and review
• Measure performances through KPI's and dashboards
• Medical professional with a degree recognized in the home country in Occupational health, public health, preventive medicine, population-based medicine
• Business application of EHW content: 5+ years' experience in integrating EHW into business operations and managing key issues in collaboration with EHS partners, HR generalists and specialists (e.g. benefits), business continuity and others to foster healthy, resilient, high performing workforces. (Level 3 – Strength, Business Application of EHW knowledge minimum)
• Experience in occupational health in an international or multinational environment. Preferably in pharmaceutical, chemical, or other related industries.
• Ability to develop holistic risk assessments, effective management systems, and governance processes at site, country, and regional levels using population level data sets. (Level 3 – Strength, Risk Management minimum)
• Demonstrated ability to work effectively in multicultural, multinational, and matrix teams to consult and embed EHW behaviour changes. Proven track record as a flexible, agile and innovative thinker in new situations (Level 3- Strength, behaviour change management/consultation minimum).
• History of effectively identifying and focusing on the key business priorities, co-creating solutions, and monitoring performance to ensure delivery (Level 3- Strength, Performance Improvement and Management).
• Demonstrated ability to grow and sustain personal, team and organizational energy (level 3-Strength, Energy & Resilience Management)
• Strong insight driven decision making, using internal and external data to generate options, design solutions, and monitor performance (level 3-strength, insight driven decision making)
List below any licenses, certificates, registrations, or any relevant job skill or abilities that are required for the job:
• Knowledge of ISO 9001/OHSAS 18001, EHS management systems
• Business language fluency in English and one or more common languages in country.
• Demonstrated competence and regulatory knowledge in core occupational health disciplines -
o occupational and preventive health
o occupational hygiene practice (e.g. risk assessment for chemicals, noise, biohazards)
o mental health, employee assistance programmes, resilience and energy management
o health care benefit design and quality assurance
o health promotion
o attendance management
o Injury and illness care.
• Broad and strategic knowledge of global pharmaceutical, vaccine, manufacturing, commercial and consumer healthcare operations.
• 3-5 years' experience as an effective effectively mentor, coach and developer of EHW practitioners and line managers. (Level 3 Coaching and Influence minimum)
Masters or Doctorate in Occupational/Public Health or equivalent (Occupational health, public health, preventive medicine, population-based medicine)
Why GSK? :
At GSK, our mission is to improve the quality of human life by enabling people to do more, feel better and live longer. Our three world-leading businesses research and deliver innovative medicines, vaccines and consumer healthcare products. We need a talented and motivated workforce to deliver against our strategy. To achieve this, we strive to attract the best people and to create an environment that empowers and inspires.
Our goal is to be one of the world's most innovative, best performing and trusted healthcare companies. We believe that we all bring something unique to GSK and when we combine our knowledge, experiences and styles together, the impact is incredible. Come join our adventure at GSK where you will be inspired to do your best work for our patients and consumers. A place where you can be you, feel good and keep growing.
You may apply for this position online by selecting the Apply now button.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK's commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorization before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorization is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorization being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.