Your Responsibilities :
We are seeking an experienced administrative assistant to support the Vice President of Quality & Risk Management and the Senior Executive Assistant to the SVP of Medicinal Science & Technology (MST).
Assisting the Vice President of QRM, you will be a key member of the team executing administrative activities to provide calendar, email and event management. You will arrange all aspects of domestic and international travel and accommodation, anticipating unexpected challenges and flexing to accommodate changes. You will support expense reporting, and a wide variety of other administrative and operational activities.
You will report to the Senior Executive Assistant and assist with the administrative aspects of running the office of the Senior Vice President of Medicinal Science and Technology (MST).
• Proactive management of complex outlook calendars and schedules
• Plan and manage travel logistics, both internationally and domestically
• Plan and manage events and meetings, both internationally and domestically
• Plan and manage meeting room and VTC bookings
• Schedule complex meetings with GSK senior management and external companies
• Raise and track purchase orders
• Ensure timely payment of invoices • Manage and process expenses using Concur
• Maintain electronic records such as department distribution lists, movement sheets, org charts
During the course of your application you will be requested to complete voluntary information which will be used in monitoring the effectiveness of our equality and diversity policies. Your information will be treated as confidential and will not be used in any part of the selection process.
If you require a reasonable adjustment to the application / selection process to enable you to demonstrate your ability to perform the job requirements, please contact 0808 234 4391. This will help us to understand any modifications we may need to make to support you throughout our selection process.
When applying for this role, please use the 'cover letter' of the on-line application to describe how you meet the competencies for this role, as outlined in the job requirements above.
The information that you have provided in your cover letter and CV will be used to assess your application.
Thank you for your interest in this opportunity.
APPLICATION DEADLINE : 26th August COB
• Demonstrates knowledge in various software programs (including Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint) and experience with SharePoint team sites, web conferencing and Webex
• Experienced in Concur (or equivalent)
• Experience managing comprehensive international travel arrangements
• Demonstrates the time management skills to plan manage, prioritize and coordinate activities
• Additional depth of experience supporting multiple stakeholders.
• Experienced in systems for carrying out tasks such as raising purchase orders (e.g. ERP)
• GCSE or equivalent
•Proven experience in managing complex schedules and demonstrates the time management skills to plan, manage, prioritise and co-ordinate activities
•Experience managing comprehensive international travel arrangements, co-ordinating with other Senior Admins where necessary
•Proven experience in taking initiative and acting independently on a wide range of complex issues without direction
• Experience supporting senior-level business leaders
• Strong organizational skills and ability to prioritize workload to meet tight deadlines
• Excellent communication skills - written and verbal
• A-level or equivalent
• Recognised Administrative Qualifications
Why GSK? :
At GSK we are a science-led global healthcare company. We research and develop a broad range of innovative products in three primary areas of Pharmaceuticals, Vaccines and Consumer Healthcare. Our mission is inspiring and challenging – to help people do more, feel better and live longer.
We have a significant global presence with commercial operations in more than 150 countries, a network of 86 manufacturing sites in 36 countries and large R&D centres in the UK, USA, Spain, Belgium and China
You may apply for this position online by selecting the Apply now button.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK's commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorization before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorization is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorization being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.