Job Req ID: JR-40042887
To Apply to this job, click here
Goodyear. More Driven.
As an Inside Service Technician, you will work at a Goodyear Commercial Tire & Service Center location and be accountable for properly and safely performing the tire and related services needed for all commercial tire users both in the commercial trucking industry. We encourage you to allow us to invest in your success as you invest in ours; apply today!
Responsibilities will include but not be limited to:
· Service Commercial Tires including dismounting and mounting any type of tire.
· Train to perform match mounting, match mating dual assemblies, and radial runout as necessary.
· Inflating of tires to prescribed PSI per load requirements.
· Determine repairable tire conditions and making such repairs.
· Remove tires for retreading or repair as needed.
· Properly execute required service ticket to submit to management.
· Clean and maintain service equipment.
· Provide "Service Excellence - Always" to meet the service goals of the location and of customers
· Comply with OSHA regulations and safety requirements.
· Wear proper PPE, use tire cages, and follow all other safety policies and procedures.
· Any other duties as assigned by management
· Perform a variety of manual tasks for extended periods of time, which may include light and heavy lifting, including commercial tires and wheels, standing, bending, and squatting
· Must have a valid driver's license
· No relocation is being offered for this position.
· Candidates must be legally authorized to work in the U.S. without company sponsorship now or in the future.
· High School Diploma or GED.
· 3 months previous Commercial Service Tire or other relevant experience.
· Must possess a mechanical aptitude.
· Strong oral and written communication ability.
· Commitment to follow all safety procedures and work in a safe manner.
· Must be able to work in a results-oriented, fast-paced environment as part of a team.
· Must be a self-starter and willing to take initiative, able and willing to work without direct supervision, and be willing to attend appropriate training sessions.
Goodyear is one of the world's largest tire companies. It employs about 65,000 people and manufactures its products in 48 facilities in 22 countries around the world. Its two Innovation Centers in Akron, Ohio and Colmar-Berg, Luxembourg strive to develop state-of-the-art products and services that set the technology and performance standard for the industry. For more information about Goodyear and its products, go to www.goodyear.com/corporate .
Goodyear is an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regards to that individual's race, color, religion or creed, national origin or ancestry, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic information, ethnicity, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Click here for more information about Equal Employment Opportunity laws, and here for additional supplementary information.
We endeavor to make this site accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please call the number below.
Goodyear (312) 915-5548
To Apply to this job, click here
Nearest Major Market: Charlotte
Job Segment: Technician, QA, Quality Assurance, Technology, Quality