Job Req ID: JR-40042819
To Apply to this job, click here
Goodyear. More Driven.
Goodyear owns and operates more than 580 tire and auto service centers nationwide. We offer a fun, fast paced work environment, with competitive base pay. Our comprehensive benefit package includes medical plans, 401(k), certification reimbursement and paid vacations. At Goodyear we invest in you and your future by providing excellent training for our technician, sales team and management positions. We offer fast track career advancement opportunities for hard working team players who can deliver results. If you are looking for more than a job, apply today and begin your career with the tire and auto service innovation leader!
As an Entry Level Automotive Technician, you will gain hands-on experience in one of Goodyear's Auto Service centers by learning how to perform basic automotive services while delivering outstanding service. You will also become familiar with how to mount and balance tires, perform oil changes, and conduct additional automotive preventative maintenance. We encourage you to allow us to invest in your success as you invest in ours; apply today!
Responsibilities will include, but not be limited to:
· Learn how to complete basic automotive services like mounting and balancing tires, tire repairs, oil changes, filters replacements, and more.
· Train with mid and senior level automotive technicians to learn additional automotive services.
· Demonstrate excellent guest service, which includes providing clear communication and feedback about guest vehicles.
· Promote teamwork to deliver on guest expectations
· Maintain strict adherence to company policy on vehicle care and operation
· Perform a variety of manual tasks for extended periods of time, which may include light and heavy lifting, including consumer tires and wheels, standing, bending, and squatting.
· Valid driver's license
· Must be at least 18 years of age
· No relocation is being offered for this position
· Candidates must be legally authorized to work in the U.S. without company sponsorship now or in the future
· High School Diploma or GED
· Previous automotive preventative maintenance experience
· Previous formal automotive training
· Strong work ethic; independently motivated to produce results with limited influence from others
· Hard worker, someone who works diligently to get tasks done and demonstrates personal characteristics, such as responsibility, dependability, conscientiousness, communication, and teamwork
· Ability to review, analyze, and interpret information, identify problems, and make decisions
· Display a commitment to learning new technologies within the rapidly changing automotive industry
· Ability to read, understand, and follow procedures and guidelines
· Depending on location, our stores may be open 7 days a week from 7am-8pm, which may include weekends and some holidays
· Commitment to following established safety policies and procedures.
Goodyear is one of the world's largest tire companies. It employs about 65,000 people and manufactures its products in 48 facilities in 22 countries around the world. Its two Innovation Centers in Akron, Ohio and Colmar-Berg, Luxembourg strive to develop state-of-the-art products and services that set the technology and performance standard for the industry. For more information about Goodyear and its products, go to www.goodyear.com/corporate .
Goodyear is an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regards to that individual's race, color, religion or creed, national origin or ancestry, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic information, ethnicity, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Click here for more information about Equal Employment Opportunity laws, and here for additional supplementary information.
We endeavor to make this site accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please call the number below.
Goodyear (312) 915-5548
To Apply to this job, click here
Nearest Major Market: Topeka
Job Segment: Technician, Maintenance, QA, Quality Assurance, Technology, Manufacturing, Quality