Goodyear Talent Acquisition Representative: Kasondra Davis
Sponsorship Available: No
Relocation Assistance Available: No
The Global Material Science department seeks a highly motivated and hands-on associate to identify and develop new material technologies that address current and future business needs from our retread market segment. The ideal candidate will have a strong passion for technology and high-performance application development. The associate will be responsible for translating product performance requirements such as traction, handling, and durability into chemical and physical property requirements of materials, and then developing tire compounds which demonstrate performance in tire applications. The successful candidate will be high energy and naturally inquisitive.
· Developing and maintaining tire compounds for optimal performance while considering cost and environment.
· Designing laboratory studies to evaluate material technologies, and interpreting the results based on the underlying chemistry and physics of the materials being studied.
· Domestic and international travel is frequently required
· Provide onsite assistance during plant trials as required
· Effective communication and collaboration with design teams, customers, and manufacturing to ensure successful development and technology transfer
Required Experience and Education
· Bachelor’s in Chemical Engineering, Chemistry or Materials required
· At least 2 years of experience in elastomeric formulation for dynamic applications is preferred
· Experience in understanding structure/property relationships in materials is preferred
· At least 2 years of experience working with polymers, fillers, and/or reinforced composites is required.
· Proficiency in the statistical design and analysis of experimental data is required
Skills and Abilities
· Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to work in teams will be required
· Exceptional communication and technical documentation skills will be required
· The associate needs to be open minded, optimistic, and collaborative with a strong sense of urgency
· Tire plant experience in mixing/component preparation and with tire production processes are an asset
Goodyear is one of the world’s largest tire companies. It employs about 64,000 people and manufactures its products in 47 facilities in 21 countries around the world. Its two Innovation Centers in Akron, Ohio and Colmar-Berg, Luxembourg strive to develop state-of-the-art products and services that set the technology and performance standard for the industry. For more information about Goodyear and its products, go towww.goodyear.com/corporate .
Goodyear is an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regards to that individual's race, color, religion or creed, national origin or ancestry, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic information, ethnicity, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you need reasonable accommodation to complete the online application, or any other part of the employment process, please contact the Goodyear Candidate Care Line at 330.796.4500.
Clickhere for more information about Equal Employment Opportunity laws, andhere for additional supplementary information.
Nearest Major Market: Akron
Nearest Secondary Market: Cleveland
Job Segment: Manufacturing Engineer, Chemical Research, Engineer, Application Developer, Quality Assurance, Engineering, Technology