Job Req ID: JR-40038137
To Apply to this job, click here
Goodyear. More Driven.
As an Alignment Technician in one of Goodyear's Commercial Tire & Service Centers you will be responsible to professionally inspect, diagnose, and repair tire and conduct commercial vehicle alignments, while delivering an excellent guest experience. We encourage you to allow us to invest in your success as you invest in ours; apply today!
Responsibilities will include, but not be limited to :
· Diagnose, recommend, and complete vehicle alignment on commercial trucks and other vehicles based on guest needs.
· Balance wheel assemblies and perform commercial tire service.
· Pursue training opportunities for development into completing other vehicle services on commercial trucks, including but not limited to brake work, suspension services, axle work, and oil and lube services.
· Clean and maintain service equipment.
· Provide "Service Excellence - Always" to meet the service goals of the location and of guests.
· Document work performed on service ticket
· Observe and comply with all safety and liability guidelines and policies
· All other duties as assigned by management.
· Perform a variety of manual tasks for extended periods of time, which may include light and heavy lifting, including commercial tires and wheels, standing, bending, and squatting
Basic Requirements :
· Previous commercial vehicle experience including alignments
· Must have a valid driver's license for the type of vehicle required for the position and be able to meet commercial driver qualification requirements.
· Be at least 21 years of age.
· No relocation is being offered for this position.
· Candidates must be legally authorized to work in the U.S. without company sponsorship now or in the future.
· High School Diploma or GED.
· At least one year of relevant commercial vehicle service experience.
· Knowledge around completing other vehicle services including brake work and oil and lube services.
· Strong oral and written communication ability.
· Commitment to follow all safety procedures and work in a safe manner.
· Must be able to work in a results-oriented, fast-paced environment as part of a team.
· Must be a self-starter and willing to take initiative, be able and willing to work without direct supervision, and be willing to attend appropriate training sessions.
Goodyear is one of the world's largest tire companies. It employs about 65,000 people and manufactures its products in 48 facilities in 22 countries around the world. Its two Innovation Centers in Akron, Ohio and Colmar-Berg, Luxembourg strive to develop state-of-the-art products and services that set the technology and performance standard for the industry. For more information about Goodyear and its products, go to www.goodyear.com/corporate .
Goodyear is an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regards to that individual's race, color, religion or creed, national origin or ancestry, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic information, ethnicity, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Click here for more information about Equal Employment Opportunity laws, and here for additional supplementary information.
We endeavor to make this site accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please call the number below.
Goodyear (312) 915-5548
To Apply to this job, click here
Nearest Major Market: Kansas City
Job Segment: Technician, QA, Quality Assurance, Technology, Quality