Advanced Lead Design and Stress Analysis Engineer , Jet Engine Turbine Airfoils
USA IT development
Job Description SummaryGE Aerospace is looking for a Turbine Airfoils Advanced Lead Design Engineer to join our world-class Engineering Team to work the designs of jet engines hot section and push the state-of-the-art for product durability.
In this role, you will be responsible to perform mechanical and thermal stress and life analysis for the part, make design decisions to improve the part performance and collaborate with supply chain to ensure part producibility.
You’ll be able, over short periods of time, to be part of several design iterations.
You’ll quickly gain technical expertise and deep understanding of how your parts are made.
Once designed, you will also lead the definition and the execution of component tests and engine endurance tests, including post-test teardown, hardware evaluation, model correlation.
Roles and Responsibilities
Perform structural stress and life analyses of jet engine hot section components using Finite Element Analysis tools such as Ansys Mechanical and in-house design tools.
- Execute the design, analysis, or evaluation of assigned projects using sound engineering principles and adhering to business standards, practices, procedures, and product / program requirements.
- Use engineering judgement and experience to challenge entrenched processes and methodology to recommend improvements.
- Developing specialized knowledge in their discipline. Serves as best practice/quality resource. Has awareness of latest technical developments in own area. Contributes towards strategy and policy development, and ensure delivery within area of responsibility.
- Has in-depth knowledge of best practices and how own area integrates with others; has working knowledge of competition and the factors that differentiate them in the market
- Uses judgment to make decisions or solve moderately complex tasks or problems in areas of operational/product management, manufacturing, technology or engineering. Takes new perspective on existing solutions. Uses technical experience and expertise for data analysis to support recommendations. Uses multiple internal and limited external sources outside of own function to arrive at decisions.
- Acts as a resource and mentor for colleagues with less experience. May lead small projects with moderate risks and resource requirements. Explains difficult or sensitive information; works to build consensus. Developing persuasion skills required to influence others on topics within field.
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited university or college.
- Minimum of 3 years of experience in Mechanical, Aerospace, or Materials Engineering.
- This role is restricted to U.S. persons (i.e., U.S. citizens, permanent residents, and other protected individuals under the Immigration and Naturalization Act, 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3)) due to access to export-controlled technology. GE will require proof of status prior to employment.
- Previous experience in design of Turbine Airfoils or other Superalloy components.
- Flexible and friendly approach to working in teams.
- Significant experience with Ansys and Unigraphics.
- Certification in ASME Y14 or significant practical experience with GD&T.
- Documented experience of being a self-starter with a passion for problem solving and driving solutions, while constantly learning and mentoring others.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to document, plan, market, and execute programs.
- Established project management skills.
This role is restricted to U.S. persons (i.e., U.S. citizens, permanent residents, and other protected individuals under the Immigration and Naturalization Act, 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3)) due to access to export-controlled technology. GE will require proof of status prior to employment.
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening. Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a drug screen (as applicable).
Relocation Assistance Provided: Yes