Training Program Leader
Rutland, USA IT development
Job Description SummaryThe Training Program Leader will champion future success for the Rutland Facility through helping guide development of all employees. This role will be instrumental in identifying gaps in mechanical and behavioral skills. This leader will work cross-functionally with subject-matter experts (SMEs) to develop and deliver training, maintaining a structure that is efficient, effective, and real-time, on a continuous basis.
- Act as primary contact for providing training and development cross functionally across the site.
- Maintain a current schedule for all approved training, plus a list of SMEs that are approved to deliver that training. Ensure that each training module is delivered with the appropriate quality, that the instructor is professionally prepared, and delivers the key messages of the training. Maintain a database reflecting training status of each employee.
- Assess training need gaps, put actions into place to create training to address those gaps, and develop training in partnership with SMEs.
- Support all functions in delivery of specific functional training needs by advising, mentoring, providing feedback, and assessing effectiveness. Collect relevant examples to tailor training that resonates with the local audience.
- Connect with other sites to leverage training best practices. Establish a network of external sources to deliver training when internal resources do not exist.
- Gather feedback and improve curricula on an ongoing basis.
- Support lean transformation and identify process/training improvements
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited university or college (Or a high school diploma / GED with a minimum of 4 years of experience in Manufacturing)
- Minimum of 3 years of experience in Training Design and Delivery, preferably in a manufacturing setting
- Humble: respectful, receptive, agile, eager to learn
- Transparent: shares critical information, speaks with candor, contributes constructively
- Focused: quick learner, strategically prioritizes work, committed
- Leadership ability: strong communicator, decision-maker, collaborative
- Problem solver: analytical-minded, challenges existing processes, critical thinker
This role is restricted to U.S. persons (i.e., U.S. citizens, permanent residents, and other protected individuals under the Immigration and Naturalization Act, 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3)) due to access to export-controlled technology. GE will require proof of status prior to employment.
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening. Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a drug screen (as applicable).
Relocation Assistance Provided: Yes