Job Description SummaryGE Healthcare is a leading global medical technology and digital solutions innovator. Our mission is to improve lives in the moments that matter. Unlock your ambition, turn ideas into world-changing realities, and join an organization where every voice makes a difference, and every difference builds a healthier world.
- Test production assemblies and sub-assemblies for correct operation and compliance to performance specifications
- Interfaces with other departments in the execution of duties to ensure the orderly flow of materials and information
- Utilize initiative and independent judgment, construct, evaluate and improve complex engineering models using conceptual descriptions and ideas
- Anticipate troubleshooting needs and perform complex troubleshooting encompassing multiple variables and unknowns to achieve root cause analysis and problem resolution
- Recommend, instruct, design and conduct diagnostic tests to develop conclusions and solutions
- Lead technician teams in developing software and hardware evaluations, to implement plans using knowledge of the product, system operation, intermodule interactions, complex engineering tools, and interactive software tools as required
- Provide leadership and daily supervision to all technicians within the assigned department, including the evaluation of performance and management of work plans
- Work with the management team to lead and deploy training plans as needed
- Take ownership of business metrics analysis and reporting including, delivery, EHS, productivity, materials, costs, output, cycle time, and quality
- Associates degree or High School Diploma and 9 years experience.
- Minimum 5 years of experience with technician role, and at least 1 year of technical leadership experience
- Demonstrated ability to lead and supervise a team of technicians, including delivery of performance feedback and the management of work plans
- Demonstrated intuitive and advanced proficiency to logically troubleshoot up to a system level using identifiable problem solving techniques and previous experience
- Ability to draw accurate conclusions from test data, malfunctions, or deviations, and assist with corrections to the existing design or process
- Proficiency to understand and interpret basic written technical information
- Demonstrated ability to work well with limited direction and information
- Demonstrated ongoing effort to maintain knowledge of current technology
- Ability to communicate using English (or local language)
- Demonstrated technical leadership ability \
- Demonstrated ability to draw accurate conclusions from test data, and ability to anticipate malfunctions or deviations, and lead team through the implementation of corrections to the existing design or process
- Demonstrated high proficiency to interpret, instruct, and explain complex technical information
- Demonstrated proficiency to utilize and modify computerized work systems
- Bachelor’s degree in Manufacturing, Engineering or Technology related fields
We expect all employees to live and breathe our behaviors: to act with humility and build trust; lead with transparency; deliver with focus, and drive ownership –always with unyielding integrity.
Our total rewards are designed to unlock your ambition by giving you the boost and flexibility you need to turn your ideas into world-changing realities. Our salary and benefits are everything you’d expect from an organization with global strength and scale, and you’ll be surrounded by career opportunities in a culture that fosters care, collaboration and support.
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening. Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a drug screen (as applicable).
As a federal government contractor, GE may in the future be required to have U.S. employees fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Some GE customers currently have vaccination mandates that may apply to GE employees.
Relocation Assistance Provided: No