GE Oil & Gas
Oil & Gas Measurement & Controls
The Controls/Excitation Field Engineer is responsible for the installation, commissioning, maintenance and troubleshooting for the full range of hardware and software products in the GE DS - Control Solutions portfolio. Primarily customers will be within the Oil & Gas and Power Generation industries internationally and may be located both onshore and offshore.
· Install and commission Control Solutions hardware and software in a wide variety of machine types encountered in the Oil & Gas, Power Generation, Fertilizers, and other process industries
· Troubleshoot existing Control Solutions hardware and software installations on-site.
· prepare field services jobs and interventions with the project managers
· Attend pre-outages meetings with customers
· Provide technical assistance to customers on site as needed
· Provide training to customer employees as needed
· Supervise mechanical and electrical sub-contractors, and instrumentation de-installation / reinstallation
· Supervise cable laying, meggering and connection
· Lead and execute loop check and commissioning phase performing the functional tests.
· Lead and execute unit start-up and performance tests ensuring proper and safe operation of the machine by evaluating the running parameters and troubleshoot control system problem as they arise
· Maintain accurate timesheets and acquire customer's signature on timesheets before leaving the job site
· Write accurate and detailed reports after completion of each job
· Maintain a working and operational knowledge of all Control Solutions hardware and software
· Assess and monitor site safety during job execution
· Conduct internal and external training
· Communicate professionally with customer and other team members
· Understand T&C (Terms and Conditions) commitments
· Timely and accurately input hours, expenses, timesheets in internal systems
· College degree in Electrical / Electronic/ Mechanic/IT Engineering, or Technical High School or equivalent knowledge or experience
· Strong related work experience in Oil & Gas and Power Plant industry field activities
· Excellent written and oral communication skills, to convey technical concepts to business and technical personnel
· Electrical and mechanical troubleshooting skills, "hands-on approach"
· Experience with Woodward Control Systems and Aeroderivative Gas Turbines (e.g. LM2500, LM6000)
· Strong knowledge in rotating equipment control philosophy (Gas Turbine, Steam Turbine, Centrifugal Compressor, Reciprocate Compressor) and their auxiliaries
· Familiar with PLC & HMI installation
· Strong knowledge in field devices, instruments and actuators (servo-valves, thermo elements, transmitters etc…)
· Knowledge of Switches configuration, Virtual Machine Navigation, Domain Controllers
· Ability to handle special tools like pressure pump, multi-meter, frequency generator, oscilloscope and field generator
· Ability to understand and implement technical drawings (wiring diagram, P&ID, General Arrangement, etc…).
· Ability to work under pressure
· Willing to travel, in country and worldwide, and to work over-time
· Knowledge of machinery protection and management systems
· Fluent English
· Valid driver's license and passport (or able to obtain a passport).
· Strong computer skills using MS Office software
Applications from job seekers who require sponsorship to work in the UK are welcome and will be considered alongside all other applications. However, non-EU/EEA candidates may not be appointed to a post if a suitably qualified, experienced and skilled EU/EEA candidate is available to take up the post, as the employing body is unlikely, in these circumstances, to satisfy the Resident Labour Market Test. For further information please visit the UK Border Agency website
· Offshore Experience
· MK Control Systems knowledge
· Excellent interpersonal skills
· Customer-focused mindset with proven ability to respond quickly to customer needs
BHGE Control Solutions offerings include but are not limited to: MarK VIe and Nexus UCS and DCS, Excitation Controls, Static starters and Generator Protection panels, Compressor controls HMIs-Networks, packaged solutions to include Design, Installation and TA Services, Aftermarket offerings including and long-term Service Agreements.
Baker Hughes, a GE company (NYSE:BHGE) is the world’s first and only fullstream provider of integrated oilfield
products, services and digital solutions. We deploy minds and machines to enhance customer productivity, safety
and environmental stewardship, while minimizing costs and risks at every step of the energy value chain. With
operations in over 120 countries, we infuse over a century of experience with the spirit of a startup – inventing
smarter ways to bring energy to the world.
Follow Baker Hughes, a GE company on Twittertarget=”_blank”>@BHGECo , or visit us atBHGE.com .