Job Description SummarySystems engineering is a cross-functional engineering discipline centered on an approach, mindset, and process. All activities that consider both the business and the technical needs of the customers with the goal of providing a quality product that meets the users needs. The discipline that executes a robust process of design, creation, and optimization of systems, consisting of identification and quantification of system requirements, creation of alternate system design concepts, performance of design trade studies, selection and implementation of the best designs and verification that the design is properly integrated and executed. Process that proceeds from concept to production to operation.
The Systems Reliability Engineer has the responsibility to drive product quality and customer satisfaction through a comprehensive Systems reliability test execution. This role leads the ‘Design for Reliability’ in new product introductions, develop reliability targets, sub system allocations, reliability test strategy, test framework and execution. This role analyzes the post market complaints, service events, manufacturing defects etc to develop reliability strategy and allocations.
GE Healthcare is a leading global medical technology and digital solutions innovator. Our mission is to improve lives in the moments that matter. Unlock your ambition, turn ideas into world-changing realities, and join an organization where every voice makes a difference, and every difference builds a healthier world.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Develop and execute a comprehensive systems reliability strategy for new product introductions (NPIs)
- Reliability target development, sub system flow down and allocation, requirements strategies, FMEAs, P-Diagrams and reliability testing strategies for NPIs
- Participate in product design reviews to provide reliability improvement recommendations as well as to enhance reliability testing based on product design
- Analyzes post market complaints, service events, manufacturing defects etc and drive to understand fundamental root cause, physics of failure and conclusions to develop reliability strategy, allocations and testing.
- Develop reliability plan and execution summaries for product design history file
- Monitor reliability metrics for the product
- Follow continuous improvement and innovations in reliability engineering and Design for Reliability methods, tools, processes, and solutions.
- Works with technical experts across the organization (and globe) to implement tactical and strategic initiatives, continuous improvements in reliability process.
- Drives quality culture in all aspects of engineering deliverables and activities
- Communicates and collaborates effectively with technical teams to deliver.
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or STEM majors
- Minimum 3 years of work experience in product development in medical devices industry
- Minimum 1 year of experience in reliability engineering, statistical tools & methods and reliability testing.
- Familiar with FMEAs and P-Diagrams
- Demonstrated ability to work with cross functional global project teams
- Proficient in design controls with respect to requirements, verification and traceability
- Demonstrated ability to prioritize, pursue tasks to completion and attention to details.
- Experience in implementing reliability testing systems included accelerated life testing
- 3+ years of experience in in reliability engineering, statistical tools & methods and reliability testing.
- Ability to monitor and report multiple product targets and status including reliability, quality, cost and serviceability metrics
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Self-starter, energizing, results oriented, and collaborative
- Demonstrated problem solving ability and results orientation
Our total rewards are designed to unlock your ambition by giving you the boost and flexibility you need to turn your ideas into world-changing realities. Our salary and benefits are everything you’d expect from an organization with global strength and scale, and you’ll be surrounded by career opportunities in a culture that fosters care, collaboration and support.
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening. Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a drug screen (as applicable).
As a federal government contractor, GE requires U.S. employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 unless you receive an approved medical or religious accommodation. Proof of vaccination will be required.
Relocation Assistance Provided: Yes