Job Description SummarySystem Value Optimization (SVO) team is devoted to Wind Turbine systems modeling and load analysis for New Products, Cost-out programs and Fleet support, with a strong focus on product optimization.
The vision of the LC SVO team is to support LC engineering to develop winning LCOE wind turbine products for LC markets, leveraging advanced multibody dynamics simulation capabilities, system dynamics analysis and system optimization through controller tuning, while keeping high-standards on quality and on time delivery.
The role of the SVO engineer includes high fidelity WT modeling, aeroelastic simulation and executing System Value Optimization assessments.
- Load assessment for NPIs, DTOs and RCAs, leveraging control technologies to mitigate mechanical loads & improve turbine power performance.
- Drive simplification in the systems modeling, loads simulation and documentation, as well as component checks to resolve technical challenges supporting certification process along the chain from system modeling to experimental validation.
- Support certification & sales team when interfacing with external companies and 3rd parties in the field of load simulation & certification.
- Supports WT model creation, partnering with component owners to identify modeling improvement needs and ensure understanding of turbine topologies being used and associated input parameters.
- Supports activities in the aeroelasticity and stability domain.
- Provides solutions in the field of simulation, operability or system trade-off recommendation to optimize the cost of energy by reducing design driving loads and maximizing the energy capture.
- Work closely with the Controlled Tittle Holders community across the business and global team members to ensure high quality and consistency on system simulation techniques & practices.
- Contributes to continuous improvement in methods and tools in collaboration with the AT&S team.
- Master’s degree from an accredited university in Mechanical Engineering or Aerospace Engineering.
- Knowledge on aeroelasticity, MBS, system dynamics and loading assessment.
- Knowledge of high-fidelity MBS softwares for wind turbine aero elastic simulations (Bladed, Simpack, Hawc2, Adams, etc.).
- Effective problem identification and solving ability.
- Proven ability to work in a cross-functional and global environment.
- Strong oral and written communication skills in English.
- Strong interpersonal skills, leading and influencing skills and a positive energy.
- aeroelastic simulation experience for Wind Turbines loads assessment.
- Wind turbine system design experience.
- Wind turbine loads assessment experience for IEC & DiBT certification.
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, and presentation skills, including ability to work across cultural boundaries in a global team.
- Pro-active thinking & action to ensure quality.
- Strong issue resolution skills and conflict management.
Relocation Assistance Provided: No