Current & GE Lighting
Current & Lighting Current Powered by GE
Hungary, United Kingdom
Reporting to the Quality Team Leader for Europe, the Quality Engineer is responsible for developing and maintaining supplier quality to the standards and expectations set by the Company, customers and the European regulatory authorities.
· Conducts supplier development and improvement activities by implementing Quality projects with sourced finished product suppliers
· Drives exceptional product quality and cost of quality level in supported programs
· Supports Quality projects dealing with external suppliers: ensures supplier quality (understands and makes GE CTQs clear to the suppliers, ensures proper measurement of the CTQs, conducts quality related checklist, Quality Plan and its implementation)
· Drives Supplier Approval Workflow on new Suppliers: conducts Business Surveys, SRG audits; follows up improvement actions, verifies closure
· Conducts regular manufacturing process audits at supplier sites
· Participates in PVP runs and supports product approval process
· Drives suppliers to implement Compliance Control Plan (CCP) to ensure Products Regulation Compliance (PRC) by working closely with cross functional team (Tech system team, Product Management)
· Resolves customer field issues on all product lines, ensuring continuous communications with both the customer and the internal stakeholders as required
· Monitors customer complaints and operates all required processes
· Bachelor degree in Engineering, Operations, or a related field from an accredited university or college (Equivalent education and experience will be considered) or equivalent knowledge and experience
· Experience in manufacturing, quality, and/or design – with emphasis on process evaluation and quality assurance
· Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills, strong background in applying statistical quality control tools for process / product controls, such as SPC, gage R&R, FMEA and DOE
· Ability to interpret engineering drawings/ specifications and manufacturing process planning/evaluation
· Demonstrated ability to handle diverse activities simultaneously, ability to work cross-functionally and interface different teams, functions, sites
· Good written and verbal communications skills in English Results oriented approach, passionate, disciplined, analytical, self-starter
· Demonstrated energy, leadership, and project management skills
· Willingness to travel frequently
· Ability to perform in a team environment
Applications from job seekers who require sponsorship to work in the UK are welcome and will be considered alongside all other applications. However, non-EU/EEA candidates may not be appointed to a post if a suitably qualified, experienced and skilled EU/EEA candidate is available to take up the post, as the employing body is unlikely, in these circumstances, to satisfy the Resident Labour Market Test. For further information please visit the UK Border Agency website http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/visas-immigration/working
GE is the world's Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
Current, powered by GE, will meet the unique needs of a wide range of utility, Commercial & Industrial and municipal customers and provide them with Predix enabled hardware and software they need to be more reliable, efficient, and profitable. Current will deliver a combination of financing with GE's physical and digital capabilities across energy efficiency, solar, storage, and onsite power.
GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, and according with all local laws protecting different status.
Follow us onTwitter , join ourLinkedIn Group or become a fan of ourFacebook page. Receive job and event notifications by becoming a member of theGE Talent Community . Stay up to date on what’s happening at GE around the globe by checking out theGE Careers Blog .
AtGE Lighting , we’re leading a global lighting revolution. In developing innovative energy-efficient lighting products, systems, and solutions for today and the future – such as world-class LED, fluorescent and ceramic metal halide light sources -- GE Lighting teams around the world are dedicated to leading a global lighting revolution to deliver innovative solutions that change the way people light and think about their world. Join us and you’ll find yourself in a dynamic atmosphere working with the most talented people in the industry in an open, developmental environment with abundant opportunities to learn, grow and advance within the organization. At GE, developing people is embedded in our culture and integral to our growth. If you’re a driven, independent problem solver who brings leadership and enthusiasm to everything you do, then join GE in creating the next generation of products that will improve the lives of consumers for generations to come. Visitwww.JoinGELighting.com to learn more about being part of the GE Lighting team.