As a Structures Design Engineer in the Turbofan Turbojet Cold Section Structures design organization, you will be responsible for the team’s structures design efforts supporting the U.S. Navy customer, as well as numerous commercial and foreign military customers. Your responsibilities may include: Managing and executing U.S. Navy Component Improvement Programs, leading new product introductions (NPI), and evaluating new engine applications for the fan and compressor module.
· Managing and executing U.S. Navy Component Improvement Programs, leading new product introductions (NPI), and evaluating new engine applications for the fan and compressor module.
· Full design ownership and responsibility for Turbofan and Turbojet fan and compressor engine structures hardware, such as the fan case and compressor case
· Complex component, module, or systems level analysis and hardware expertise utilizing tools such as Unigraphics and ANSYS
· Coordination and completion of technical and program reviews with senior leadership teams
· Ability to execute complex projects, while managing program schedule and financial workscope to meet business needs
· Strong experience influencing, coordinating, and leading teams toward complex goals
· Please Note: This position may be eligible for the following flexible work arrangements (FWA) – remote work in the U.S.
· Bachelor's degree in Engineering from an accredited university or college
· Minimum 5 years of experience in an engineering position (Including 2 + yrs of prior experience working in structural hardware design)
· This position may be eligible for the following flexible work arrangements (FWA) in the U.S.
· Structures nonconformance (MRB) substantiation experience and/or certification
· Experience designing and assessing bolted joints
· Experience working with and leading global engineering teams
· Demonstrated experience and interest in providing technical mentorship to team members
To stay connected with exciting news and the latest job opportunities from GE businesses,follow us on Twitter!
AtGE Aviation , we are imagination at work. Whether we’re manufacturing components for our GEnx engines or driving innovation in fuel and noise reduction, the GE Aviation teams are dedicated to turning imaginative ideas into advances in aviation that solve some of the world’s toughest problems. Join us and you’ll find yourself in a dynamic environment where our ongoing, substantial investment in
research and development keeps us moving forward and looking ahead. At GE, developing people is embedded in our culture and integral to our growth. Here you’ll work collaboratively and across functions with the highest caliber talent, utilizing cutting-edge technology and processes. Whether it’s the next generation of ecomagination products or the future of aircraft engines, we’ve got the state-of-the-art resources to make those innovations a reality. If you’re
passionate about aviation and looking for a career rich with challenges and unlimited opportunities for growth and advancement, then join GE in reengineering the sky through aviation innovations that will impact the globe for generations to come.Learn More about GE
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is anEqual Opportunity Employer . Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, gender (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, veteran status or any other characteristics protected by law.
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening. Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a drug screen (as applicable). This role is restricted to U.S. persons (i.e., U.S. citizens, permanent residents, and other protected individuals under the Immigration and Naturalization Act, 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3)) due to access to export-controlled technology. GE will require proof of status prior to employment.