Staff Software Engineer
Power Grid Solutions
As a Staff Software engineer working in the Product Development team you will work closely with your peers in fast-paced Agile development teams using the latest software development technologies and infrastructure. We are looking for candidates with a passion for front-end and back-end development.
• Be an expert in assessing application performance and optimising it through design and best coding practices
• Be an expert in core data structures as well as algorithms and have the ability to implement them using the language of choice when necessary
• Be comfortable with modern DevOps practices.
• Be passionate about maintaining code quality through best practices, unit testing and automation.
• Have a gift for turning complex problems into elegant solutions, with imaginative use of technology.
· Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or in “STEM” Majors (Science, Technology, Engineering and Math) or equivalent
· Strong professional experience
• Experience developing various web applications
• Experience with database tools (JPA, Hibernate,JDBC, Spring Data)
• Experience with rules engines (Camel, Drools, JRules) & modern tooling (Gradle, Maven, Git, SVN)
• Experience in developing highly robust and high throughput enterprise Cloud applications
• Experience in using node.js
• Experience in delivering cloud-based solutions using RESTful Web services and technologies such as Cloud Foundry
Applications from job seekers who require sponsorship to work in the UK are welcome and will be considered alongside all other applications. However, non-EU/EEA candidates may not be appointed to a post if a suitably qualified, experienced and skilled EU/EEA candidate is available to take up the post, as the employing body is unlikely, in these circumstances, to satisfy the Resident Labour Market Test.
For further information please visit the UK Border Agency website
GE is the world’s Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
The global electricity industry is entering a new era, the digital era. Seven billion components of the electricity value chain are becoming connected and GE is leading the way. With its Predix cloud platform, Grid Software Solutions is helping customers meet growing demand, integrate renewables, elevate productivity, and reduce emissions. Our solutions monitor, analyses, predict and ultimately optimize electricity generation, trading, transmission and distribution. For more information on our strategy, check out: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=obOFkO92f7I
Our Cambridge office is a center of excellence for the Grid Software Solutions business where we focus on developing geospatial applications for the utilities and telecoms industries. The Product Development team is made up of about 40 people. We are a mature Agile outfit with a flexible working environment, where we are always looking to innovate in terms of our solutions, processes and the technologies we use. Along with our established client-server products, we are now focusing on the development of cloud-based mapping and analytics micro-services for our utilities and telecoms customers. We are seeking to hire people with the right mindset and approach to help augment and grow our current team - along with your technical expertise and knowledge, your ability to problem solve and work as an effective member of the team will be critical to your success.
Here are some other vacancies your might like
About General Electric
Inventer le monde industriel de demain, telle est la motivation de General Electric.
Multinationale de renom, GE est leader dans les secteurs énergie et transports dont les activités se répartissent entre GE Energy Infrastructure, GE Technology Infrastructure, GE Capital, GE Consumer & Industrial et NBC Universal. Doté d'importants pôles de recherche, General Electric met donc à profit son savoir-faire et ses connaissance afin produire de l'énergie, bâtir, faciliter les déplacement et améliorer les soins à travers le monde.
GE couvre un large de panel de métiers, niveaux et compétences à travers des fonctions d'ingénierie, marketing, santé, finance, logistique, communication, business développement etc. De ce fait, les offres du simple stage au CDI ne manquent pas en France, notamment sur les sites de Buc et Velizy Villacoublay, près de Paris.
La société offre des voies professionnelles multiples et intéressantes d'un point de vue rémunération, cadre de travail et challenges pour de jeunes stagiaires ou alternants souhaitant mettre à profit leurs compétences au sein d'une entreprise au service de tous pour inventer les solutions de demain.
Rejoignez GE pour construire votre parcours ensemble.