Healthcare Digital Technology
GE Healthcare is on a transformational journey leveraging Data and Analytics. Foundational to this transformation is the need for a unified big data platform. Sr Staff Data & Platform Architect will work on products in a cloud & data/analytics domain as a Senior technical expert, partnering with Enterprise Data Management and Analytics development/delivery teams. He / She will work on products that require in-depth knowledge specialized architecture areas, across multiple technical domains.
•Translate the business functional ask to technical deliverables. Work directly with delivery teams (and CIO team architects) to understand the scope and implement the technical solution using AWS products like Redshift, EMR, RDS, Lambda etc., and including HVR ingestion tool.
• Hands on technical architect manage the day to day operations of cloud platforms, plus perform proof of concept to add new features or enhance the existing product.
• Lead and coordinate the domain technical and business discussions relative to future platform architecture direction across the data & analytics
• Analyze, design and develop a roadmap and implementation plan based upon a current vs. future state in a cohesive architecture viewpoint.
• Review and/or analyze and develop architectural requirements at domain level within product portfolio or team.
• Participate in the business-wide Infrastructure & platform architecture and domain governance model.
• Contributes to the development of software, data, and technology. Contributes to the designs and deployment of infrastructure & platform solutions meeting standardization, consolidation, TCO, security, regulatory compliance and application system qualities, for different businesses.
• Lead the research and evaluation of emerging technology, industry and market trends to assist in project development and/or operational support activities.
• Strong knowledge and experience in design and build of Data & Analytical solutions using AWS native services with strong Cloud Architecture. Also strong expertise in Big Data and Data Platforms (Hadoop, Kafka, Spark, Redshift, RDS etc.) and AI & Machine Learning are a big plus.
• Strong understanding on Cloud and Platform components (server, storage, network, data platforms, data, and applications) to deliver end to end Cloud and Platform Architectures and Designs.
• Experience in planning, migrating, provisioning, configuring, patching, managing, and securing/hardening cloud systems.
• Proficiency in OpenSource (NoSQL) products that support highly distributed, massively parallel computation needs such as EMR, Hive ,SPARK and KAFKA as well as configuration management tools (e.g., Puppet, Ansible, Chef or Salt) and Cloud orchestration tools (e.g., CloudFormation, Terrafom)
• Working experience in implementation of networking, storage and computing protocols and technologies
• Experience with developing and managing cloud software delivery framework, including Chef, Jenkins, and Github ensuring a stable application environment.
• Develops, motivates and directs staff to create a team environment.
• Recommends expenditures based on the size, scope, and cost of hardware and software components. Assists in developing business cases.
• Collaborates with project management on reporting project status, issues, risks and benefits. Meets with project leaders and software development Leaders to ensure progress towards architectural alignment with project goals and requirements.
• Be able to deal with ambiguity and independently drive, design, and implement large scale software solution.
• Proven track record of taking ownership and driving results on technical projects.
• Ability to handle multiple competing priorities in a fast-paced environment.
GE (NYSE:GE) drives the world forward by tackling its biggest challenges. By combining world-class engineering with software and analytics, GE helps the world work more efficiently, reliably, and safely. GE people are global, diverse and dedicated, operating with the highest integrity and passion to fulfill GE’s mission and deliver for our customers. www.ge.com