Job Description SummaryThis role is part of the Secure Software Solutions team within GE Edison Works Digital Technology. You will engage business stakeholders, classified teams, Information Assurance/Security members, and other Secure Digital TPM’s to ensure that we deploy and maintain digital technology in compliance with an air-gapped environment.
As a Staff Technical Product Manager, you will be responsible for all aspects (planning, forecasting, budgeting, and production releases) of the successful delivery of software products throughout their lifecycle. You will operate in concert with program management to create a clear strategic roadmap for several software products in the teams’ portfolio. These products manage key processes for customer contracts and their associated engine programs, including: Earned Value Management (EVM) for cost and critical path schedule tracking, customer requirements management, and engine software configuration management. You will work with the team to define a clear and descriptive set of deliverables that enable the product features and functionality to successfully meet customer contract commitments.
The Edison Works Advanced Programs are a key growth area within GE Edison Works, GE Aviation and the GE Aviation MSO portfolio with revenue growing 4x over the next 5 years. This cross functional organization partners across program management, operations, engineering, supply chain, digital technology, and security to deliver that growth. Come join the DT team who is critical to success of the scale!
Roles and Responsibilities
- Drives technology discussion and strategy in line with business needs and implement product roadmap
- Works with cross-functional teams to deliver features and product upgrades
- Owns the releases and sprint backlogs, short-term roadmap for MVPs, and software releases
- Prioritizes continuously in accordance with the understanding and validation of customer problems and needs
- Drives dialogues that produce new perspectives and substantial innovation, enhancements, and analysis of consequences
- Connects ideas and solutions from a broad array of sources (e.g., what other businesses are doing, brainstorming with others)
- Coordinates team's work and performance with broader organizational objectives and manages conflicts between them
- Performs initial and final financial reviews, and ensure ongoing budget tracking within the bounds of given budget
- Create a governance and stewardship plan to help manage customer data and to drive data as an asset
- Possess a deep understanding of the technology stack and impact on final product
- Ability to obtain and maintain a US Government security clearance
- Active US DOD Security Clearance
- Experience with Oracle, SQL Server
- Experience with software tools such as DOORs, Dimensions, RTC, Git, Deltek project software
- Proven experience using project management methodologies to deliver business value and drive significant change across an organization
- Strong leadership skills with ability to influence outcomes and organize teams to attain shared goals
- Demonstrates excellent persuasion and influencing skills that ensure alignment between customer, product manager and development teams
- Demonstrates strategic-level skills in problem decomposition and ability to navigate through ambiguity
- Understanding and knowledge of DT Security control frameworks (i.e. NIST, ISO, etc.) as well regulatory requirements impacting DT systems (i.e. DFARS, ITAR, DoD/MoD, etc.)
- Self-starter who collaborates well with others to solve problems
- Strong track record of understanding and interest in current and emerging technologies demonstrated through training, job experience and / or industry activities
- Background or experience in hardware architecture and/or software support within a research/development environment
- Experience working within an Agile framework and using tools such as Rally, Jira, Aha!, etc.
- PMP, Security+, or Project Management certifications
- Bachelor degree from accredited university or college with a minimum of 4 years professional experience OR Associate degree with a minimum of 7 years of professional experience OR High School diploma with a minimum of 9 years of professional experience.
- Minimum 2 years of professional experience in Technical Product Management and Digital Technology.
- NOTE: Military experience is equivalent to professional experience
- Ability to obtain and maintain a US Government SECRET security clearance
- Legal authorization to work in the US is required. We will not sponsor individuals for employment visas, now or in the future, for this job.
To comply with US immigration and other legal requirements, it is necessary to specify the minimum number of years' experience required for any role based within the USA. For roles outside of the USA, to ensure compliance with applicable legislation, the JDs should focus on the substantive level of experience required for the role and a minimum number of years should NOT be used.
This Job Description is intended to provide a high level guide to the role. However, it is not intended to amend or otherwise restrict/expand the duties required from each individual employee as set out in their respective employment contract and/or as otherwise agreed between an employee and their manager.
This role is restricted to U.S. persons (i.e., U.S. citizens, permanent residents, and other protected individuals under the Immigration and Naturalization Act, 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3)) due to access to export-controlled technology. GE will require proof of status prior to employment.
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening. Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a drug screen (as applicable).
As a federal government contractor, GE requires U.S. employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 unless you receive an approved medical or religious accommodation. Proof of vaccination will be required.
Relocation Assistance Provided: Yes