Description de l'offre
GE Renewable Energy
Renewable Energy OnShore Wind
The Hybrid Plant Systems Engineer will be responsible for the architecture and technology roadmap for hybrid plants that include wind turbines, solar photovoltaic panels and energy storage devices. In this role you will be part of the Electrical System and Technology team. The team is responsible for common electrical systems across the segments, frequency converter design, electrical technology, and farm level electrical & balance of plant optimization.
As the Wind Turbine Control hardware design engineer, you will:
• Design the most effective hybrid plant architecture to deliver highest value to GE’s customer at the lowest cost.
• Review market rules and translate such rules into mathematical expressions, algorithms and operating constraints for the hybrid controls.
• Support definition of most effective Balance of Plant (BoP) architecture for hybrid plants. Create specifications for BoP equipment as necessary
• Definition of requirements and co-ownership of application and marketing tools for hybrid plants
• Own the definition and lead the development of differentiating features for GE hybrid plants, including the definition of hybrid plant control requirements
• Shared ownership of technology evolution for wind turbines, solar panels, inverters and batteries to sport highest value hybrid plants
• Support creation of product requirements, create design memorandums for technical teams to develop their work.
• Support design reviews, own technical program scope, cost, resources and schedule
• Define test and validation requirements for hybrid plants. Support and execute lab testing
• Develop and maintain strategic partnerships with key stakeholders such as other Engineering teams, Product Line, Supply Chain and Global Research Center to execute strategy, grow share and profitability and deliver for customers.
• Electrical or Related Engineering Degree
• 3+ years’ experience in electrical, controls or power systems design
• Availability to travel 15% of the time
• Advanced degree
• Balance of plant design experience
• Experience in wind turbines design, specifically in control hardware and software
• Experience with technical drawings, documentation and BOM structure.
• Lab testing and troubleshooting experience
• Experience with GE’s tools and systems of record.
• Experience with design for six-sigma, design for reliability, design for manufacturability and design to cost
• Strong presentation, communication and negotiation skills.
GE is the world's Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.