Job Description SummaryThe QC Inspector is responsible for inspecting machined work pieces to ensure conformance to specifications.
- Inspect machined work pieces to ensure conformance to specification
- Interpret and follow written inspection instructions, quality requirements and customer specifications
- Measure dimensions such as length, height and distance between reference points, using precision instruments such as micrometer, caliper, dial indicator, optical comparator, X-Y-Z measuring equipment, X-ray to insure product meets specifications
- Locate reference point on part and measure dimensions, such as angle, arc and radii, using combination of aids, such as surface plate, angle plates, parallel bars, gauge blocks, V-blocks and precision measuring instruments
- Complete all necessary inspection forms and reports
- Inspect first run, in process and final parts
- Perform airflow tests, incoming and final inspections
- Perform, as assigned, other similar or related duties
- High School Diploma and at least 1 year manufacturing experience in machine operation and or/quality.
- This role requires use of technical data subject to U.S. Government export restrictions and this posting is only for U.S. Persons (U.S. Citizens, lawful permanent residents and protected individuals (e.g., certain refugees and asylees)). GE will require proof of status prior to employment.
- Ability to work 2nd shift (2pm-10pm)
- Ability to lift/push/pull at least 50 pounds, with or without reasonable accommodation
- Ability to work occasional weekend shifts
- Ability to work overtime as required
- Willingness to wear personal protective equipment, for example: safety glasses, gloves, ear plugs, and safety shoes
- Successful completion of a background check and drug screen
- Demonstrates positive attitude, strong work ethic, and self-motivation
- Has strong ethical stands and integrity
- Experience in manufacturing preferred
- Reading Comprehension - Understanding written sentences and paragraphs in work related documents
- Ability to follow written instructions and take verbal instructions for multiple assembly tasks in a manufacturing shop environment.
- Demonstrates strong communication and follow-up skills
- Able to work with computerized shop floor tools
- Strong team player and flexible-willingness to move to different areas
- Ability to work alone or as part of a team with minimal supervision
- Has a strong belief in Metem, a GE Power business, and the exciting opportunities it is pursuing
- 2nd shift differential 10%
- Comprehensive benefit package (including retirement, medical, dental, vision, 12 paid holidays and more)
This role is restricted to U.S. persons (i.e., U.S. citizens, permanent residents, and other protected individuals under the Immigration and Naturalization Act, 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3)) due to access to export-controlled technology. GE will require proof of status prior to employment.
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening. Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a drug screen (as applicable).
As a federal government contractor, GE may in the future be required to have U.S. employees fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Some GE customers currently have vaccination mandates that may apply to GE employees.
Relocation Assistance Provided: No